Updater

por928

I notice the Updater is located in my program list CRJ>Run Updater, my Start Area, and Documents>Aerosoft>ASUpdater. And in this location, I can see the Log files showing the updates...A318-A319 and A320-A321 to 1.2.1.3 and my CRJ to 1.2.2.1.

When I look at the add programs, it still refers to the original load versions...e.g..Airbuses =1.0 and the CRJ=1.2.0.0? How can I check what version is actually loaded?

Does it matter where I run the ASUpdater from? I thought at one stage, the Updated was located in my A320 program list..

I notice there is also a Documents>Aerosoft>ASUpdaterUpdater.exe....which relies upon the Updater.exe.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The reason why you do not see the Updater in your Airbus program group is due to WIndows which can not diplay the same link twice in the Start menu.

Please open the ASUpdater, make a screenshot and post it here.

It's quite normal that updaters don't update the uninstaller entries (listed in Settings / Apps). Both the A320-series and CRJ should list the current version somewhere in the FMS.

24 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The reason why you do not see the Updater in your Airbus program group is due to WIndows which can not diplay the same link twice in the Start menu.

Please open the ASUpdater, make a screenshot and post it here.

Hi Otto, What are we looking for when I open the updater? I see my version = v1.1.8.0

it says P3D 4.x found

it comments that it found the Add-on Path for the A318_A319

it comments that it found the Add-on Path for the A312_A321

It does not comment it found the Add-on Path for the CRJ

It works ok, (well it says the update went ok) from any of the sources I find it on my system.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Version 1.1.8.0 is the latest of the Updater, so this is correct. When it doesnt see the CRJ, it seems that a file is missing

Go to the folder users\YOURNAME\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\ und check for a file crj700900x_p3d4.xml

And please post a screenshot of the ASUpdater to make sure we talk about the same thing.

20 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Version 1.1.8.0 is the latest of the Updater, so this is correct. When it doesnt see the CRJ, it seems that a file is missing

Go to the folder users\YOURNAME\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\ und check for a file crj700900x_p3d4.xml

And please post a screenshot of the ASUpdater to make sure we talk about the same thing.

That file crj700900x_p3d4.xml was there.

Please login to display this image.

In the respective main folder for the CRJ and the Airbuses there is a "Product.cfg. There you can see the current installed version number.

Looks like:

[Installer]
ProductCode=1865
ProductName=CRJ 700/900 X
Version=1.2.2.1
ProductPage=http://www.aerosoft.com
ManualName=*.PDF
ReadmeName=Readme.txt

OK, looking at my original questions.

• In my Programs and Features area, the Version loaded does not reflect the changes made by the Updater!!! I guess this is to do with the actual base program loaded and the changes made to the base program are sort of hotpacks?
  • Does it matter where I run the ASUpdater from? It does not seem to matter. I tried different location Updaters for the CRJ and the A318-A319, and both report the changes were made.
  • I thought at one stage, the Updated was located in my A320 program list. Maybe as Otto said, it gets Win 10 a tad confused if the Updater's are in the same area.

So, all is well in the Updater camp, and everything clarified. ✔️

Thanks for the replies guys. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, por928 said:

In my Programs and Features area, the Version loaded does not reflect the changes made by the Updater!!!

Yes, that's the case. The values there are set by the windows installer who installed the latest full version. So here you see the version that was installed by the setup (not the updater).

To check for the current installed version (and for available updates) you need to look into the updater.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived