How to fix small map font in Windows 10

If you are using a monitor at resolutions above 1920x1080 you've probably noticed that the map font is too small to read.  If you are using Windows 10, you can correct this, by right clicking on either your pfpx.exe or pfpx shortcut and select Properties. In the Compatibility tab, click on "Change high DPI settings".  Near the bottom, put a check in the box by "Override high DPI scaling behavior.  Scaling performed by:".  Then, in the drop box choose "System".  That should fix the small map font. See attached screenshot if not sure.

Please login to display this image.

• 1 year later...
On 10/18/2018 at 9:42 AM, FlightSimSoft.com said:

Hello,

with the upcoming PFPX release, we redesigned the world map, so the problem with font size is solved. 

Best regards, Judith

As of 15 June 2020 - no, it isn't.

Sledge

7 minutes ago, TheSledge said:

As of 15 June 2020 - no, it isn't.

Sledge

I have no issues on a 4k display and the OP's post suggestion enhances that further.

What screen resolution are you using.

12 hours ago, srcooke said:

I have no issues on a 4k display and the OP's post suggestion enhances that further.

What screen resolution are you using.

3840 x 2160

Solved with the OP nugget. Without it - unreadable.

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, TheSledge said:

3840 x 2160

Solved with the OP nugget. Without it - unreadable.

Cheers

Then your problem lies elsewhere. I too have a 4k monitor and PFPX works without the suggested settings above. Are you sure that you are on the latest version? What setting do you have in Windows for font scaling?

Archived