Hi! I want to get a new PC . I was thinking of an Ryzen 5 1600, 8 GB , GTX 1060 3GB. Will the Aerosoft Airbus A320 Professional work at more than 40 FPS , with the game on Low - Medium settings?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, you will never get an answer to such a question. May Porsche can go 300Km/h on the highway, but only when traffic allows it. Same applies to your setup. ;)

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

TBH, you will never get an answer to such a question. May Porsche can go 300Km/h on the highway, but only when traffic allows it. Same applies to your setup. ;)

Well, the developers should be able to answer to this question, since they developed the product, and they know how many resources it needs to work in a great way.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK here is your answer:

on a vanilla P3D4.3 with nothing else installed, no background process in Windows running which will eat add. resources, with an overall PC-Setup with no bottleneck, like slow disk, 40 fps are very likely.

Everything else is just guessing as it depends on too many variables to make a reliable statement. No dev in the worls will give you a different answer.

Just now, mopperle said:

OK here is your answer:

on a vanilla P3D4.3 with nothing else installed, no background process in Windows running which will eat add. resources, with an overall PC-Setup with no bottleneck, like slow disk, 40 fps are very likely.

Everything else is just guessing as it depends on too many variables to make a reliable statement. No dev in the worls will give you a different answer.

Well, thats what i was asking for, and you gave me the answer. Thanks!

8 GB RAM memory? That's definitely not a good idea. It might work, but for good performance you need at least 16 GB RAM or even better 32 GB. Otherwise this could really become a bottleneck.

• Developer
vor 1 hour , 4Gamers sagte:

Well, the developers should be able to answer to this question, since they developed the product, and they know how many resources it needs to work in a great way.

sorry, but that is a common misconception.There is no way for us to know exactly how much memory the aircraft model or a scenery needs after it has been loaded by FSX/P3D. At best an estimate can be given. We can figure out the approximate memory requirements of a gauge, but that's it.

P3D4's memory requirement is 16 GB btw. If you use many or large add-on sceneries, better go for 32 GB

I believe the best comment in this thread was regarding a card with anything less than 8GB as throwing money away (in regards to PC Gaming and especially flight simulation).  Get a card with at least 8GB of VRAM.

OP, if you're satisfied with the answers, can we close this thread?

Best wishes!

you did not even mention what chip?

32gb ram and 8 gb video are must!!

you did not even mention what hard drive?????

1TB SSD is must if you use P3D but if you use FSX, then 1 TB 7,200 or 10,000 rpm hard drive is must

4 minutes ago, Aharon said:

you did not even mention what chip?

32gb ram and 8 gb video are must!!

you did not even mention what hard drive?????

1TB SSD is must if you use P3D but if you use FSX, then 1 TB 7,200 or 10,000 rpm hard drive is must

Well, I would say that 16GB is a must, and 32GB is nice to have.

I run only with 16GB and most anyone would be shocked to see the software I'm running in concert with P3D, and never once has it had to use the page file for more memory. In fact, I'm usually at around 12GB in use at the end of a flight.

Best wishes.

Archived