Istanbul Ataturk (LTBA) on NavDataPro

Vincent14

Hello,

The new airport of Istanbul (Havalimanı, LTFM) should open on 29th october to replace Ataturk airport.

Ataturk will stay open, but only for private and VIP flights.

So as NavDataPro data are provided by LH, will Istanbul Ataturk (LTBA) stay on NavDataPro (airac database and maps)?

Thanks,

Vincent

• Deputy Sheriffs

IMHO very unlikely. LH Systems provides only data for those airports requested by their commercial customers. Anf if LBA is more for GA in the future and if none of their customers requests LTBA, it will no longer be included in the database. But lets see what the next cycle brings.

Yes, let's wait and see on the next cycles. But I saw that Paris Le Bourget (LFPB), also reserved for private and VIP flights is on the airac. So maybe Istanbul Ataturk  will be kept on.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 12:09 PM, mopperle said:

IMHO very unlikely. LH Systems provides only data for those airports requested by their commercial customers. Anf if LBA is more for GA in the future and if none of their customers requests LTBA, it will no longer be included in the database. But lets see what the next cycle brings.

Sorry thats wrong. The database contains ALL procedures that are published by the authorities. So as long as LTBA stays in the Turkish AIP it will be in the database. As soon as the authorities remove it, it will be gone.

The charts however currently only cover the airports that are used by customers.

7 minutes ago, Jan-Paul Schuchna said:

Sorry thats wrong. The database contains ALL procedures that are published by the authorities. So as long as LTBA stays in the Turkish AIP it will be in the database. As soon as the authorities remove it, it will be gone.

The charts however currently only cover the airports that are used by customers.

Only the data which is required by LIDO customers is included. In Turkey I doubt any major airport would be removed any time soon (it's still very usable as alternate, emergency diversion, etc.), but in other parts of the world some airports are not included. Santos Dumont is one of those if I'm not mistaken as in South America many airlines fly on Jepp data and those using LIDO are not using Santos Dumont.

Emanuel, as I am working at LIDO I can say that there is a difference between charts and datas.

Datas: ALL published IFR procedures are included in the database. (same coverage as Jeppesen). So SBRJ as example is also included.

Charts:  Only LIDO customer relevant airports are included.

Archived