No PED Sign Logic

swa-midway

I noticed that the No PED sign logic/ chime, when in the AUTO position, is linked to the Flaps 1 position. On the old Bus and with the NO SMOKING sign, the logic and chime was linked to the landing gear position.

For example,

NO SMOKING selector

ON :     NO SMOKING and EXIT signs come on simultaneously with a low tone chime.

AUTO : NO SMOKING and EXIT signs come on when the landing gear is extended, and turn off
                  when the landing gear is retracted. The low tone chime sounds (depending on the
                  CIDS/CAM programming) when the lights go on or off.

OFF :    Signs are off. The low tone chime sounds when the lights turn off (depending on the
                  CIDS/CAM programming).

I know this might be an airline specific option, but I know a few US operators are still using the NO SMOKING logic with the landing gear position.

This is such a small detail, so please work on the more pressing issues first, but I just wanted to see if this could be altered at some point.

In any case, thanks for all the hard work you put into this product!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, currently there is no plan to add the NO SMOKING switch. This would mean another set of VC mdl. 

For the NO PED switch we have this:

AUTO: Signs are on in the cabin  when  either landing gear is extended  or  flaps/slats are  extended (position 1, 2, 3, or FULL).

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't expecting you to add the NO SMOKING sign... I know it's obsolete. So, if I understand, the change in logic from before to the new NO PED switch is that the flap position is now a factor along with the landing gear. Where, before, it was just the gear position. 

Good to know! Thanks for the clarification.

28 minutes ago, swa-midway said:

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't expecting you to add the NO SMOKING sign... I know it's obsolete. So, if I understand, the change in logic from before to the new NO PED switch is that the flap position is now a factor along with the landing gear. Where, before, it was just the gear position. 

Good to know! Thanks for the clarification.

If you dare, you could try to modify the sound.xml yourself. Just find the NO PED section and replace or delete the FLAPS string by a GEAR one.

If I recall correctly the GEAR will need a percent of position.

Cheers

Archived