Bringing up a checklist early

GaryMcCl

I've started to use Proatc with my Airbus, but I have a problem with using the checklist for descent. The new ATC wants me to start decent before I get the option at the top of the screen to do that checklist - so it seems that Proatc wants me to start decent before the aircraft thinks I should. 

Is there a way to tell the aircraft I want to start that checklist? 

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

In general you can choose the next checklist via the 3rd MCDU as long as the checklist before has been completed.

In your case: asks ProATC really to start decent or only to change the FL?

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

In your case: asks ProATC really to start decent or only to change the FL?

I have to admit, I'm not sure I understand that question. In MCDU3, as I am approaching the airport area, MCDU3 looks like the pic attached . There is no way of me to start the decent checklist. If you look at the other pic - that's where it normally shows you a checklist that's not available in MCDU3 - but if you descend too early (as ProATC has told you to), you don't have access to that checklist item.

Gaz

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Exactly, go back to this page:

then choose CHECKLIST

now you can manually start  a checklist depending on the aircraft state, in this example "BEF. TAKEOFF

But this is all explained in the tutorial chapter 4.8 ;)

To be honest, I wasn't an item that is saying 'Bef Descent'. 

I am talking about when the flight is almost done and proatc is telling me to descend. I never get that option. 

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gaz,

there are 2 CL: Descent Preparation CL and Descent CL.

TBH I have no idea what ProATC is telling you, but in this case have a look at Vol 2 Normal Procedures and read the CL and then depending on what ProATC tells you work through the appropriate one

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived