Flickering Screen

viperstorm21

Hello Everyone! 

So I've been having this problem for a while now and I'm finally coming to the forums for help after pulling my hair out lol. When I use the Aerosoft Airbus A318/19 Professional, my screen flickers to the point that it's unflyable (video posted below). When I start the flight the problem seems to be fine but the longer the sim runs, the worse it gets. I've tried changing my graphics driver and installing the aircraft into a vanilla sim to see if the problem would be resolved but no luck :mecry_s: I don't know if this could have anything to do with it but I run my flight sim on separate SSD than windows. If you need any other information from me please let me know :)

PC Specs (Just in case if you need them).

CPU: i7 4790k

GPU: GTX 980

Ram: 16gb

Please login to view this video.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi all, I have the same Problem. But it is not related to Airbus, is happening also in default or PMDG. For me the problem started direct after install of Win10 1809. I also tried all. At some point I will try a fresh setup incl. Win10 and then test with vanilla P3D. I'm usind default shaders.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I fixed it for me. Had to limit the framerate from unlimited to 30. Now flickering is gone.

In this topic someone solved it with VSync on. That didn't solved it for me, but maybe for you:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=128964&start=15

• 8 months later...

I'm getting the same flickering when using Aerosoft A320 Professional with P3D v4.4. I have many other aircrafts (e.g. iFly 737/747, Carenado Phenom 100, Flight1 B200 King Air, A2A Cessna 172, Just Flight DHC3 Otter, etc), and none of them present this issue.

Video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pZ70-3qvIYxCu52GQkKGliw8TB9Nf4Oc/view?usp=sharing

Right now the aircraft is unusable for me, because of this issue.

I could not find the FPS limiter in P3D - are you using the limiter of the video card software?

Is there any solution to this problem? Limiting the FPS does not seem to me a good solution, as I don't have the problem with other aircrafts.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In my case an updated driver for the graphiccard solved the problem. BTW. not only an Airbus issue got the same with some default aircraft.

Archived