No Avail light when external power connected

por928

I have P3Dv4.3 and v 1.0.5.0 of the CRJ 700/900 installed.

Just starting to get to grips with the CRJ. 

A few of questions...

Do I have to use Dave every time I want a Cold and dark panel start? because using the mcdu blacks out when you switch to cold and dark panel state before you can save this start up.

When I have used Dave to set the state to Cold and Dark, connected the ground power cart (love the startup sound of it) and used the wheel blocks, the overhead light signifying external power 'avail' does not display. Interestingly,when I do a lamp test, it also does not show.  On the AC Electrical panel, should the EXT AC diagram say connected etc or nothing?

When I go to the APU panel, and while the battery master is on, should the APU indicate a green AVAIL light? mine does not. When doing the lamp test, it does show.  

OK, I have been doing a little reading of the Operating Manual. Pg 31 and button pushing...The manual says:

"The green AVAIL light of the AC pushbutton on the overhead panel will illuminate as soon as the power supply is connected to the aircraft." In my case this is not happening. The green AVAIL light does not illuminate.

On the EICAS screen...

1. When External Power is available SERVICE CONFIGURATION will be displayed...... I do not get this message....
2. When External Power is connected to the busses the Generator load, Voltage and Frequency will be displayed...I see no values...

NOW, a strange thing...Sitting here with the external power cart running for 15 minutes while trying switches and buttons", the AVAIL light suddenly appeared. and with every reboot, now always turns on straight away when the external power is connected???? It was like my machine was "learning the circuitry". 

This is how AC electrics works on my CRJ700... Load CRJ700 from the P3D menu.>Locate at airport/Gate.>Make sure parking brake is on.>Use Dave to make the flight deck Cold and Dark.>Place Blocks on wheels.>Turn on ext power cart>Check the Overhead Panel =

So, AVAIL light on when ext power is connected to aircraft. I had expected this.

On the EICAS screen...

1. When External Power is available SERVICE CONFIGURATION will be displayed...... No, not correct. This message is only displayed when the AC IN USE button is pressed, connecting the busses.  Prior to doing this, the only clue I see that the external power is connected on the EICAS screen is the EXT AC inside a round symbol is displayed.

2. When External Power is connected to the busses the Generator load, Voltage and Frequency will be displayed...Correct. I also see the lines connecting the various parts are now colored green, and the SERVICE CONFIGURATION message appears at the top left side of the EIUCAS screen.

I found by using the MCDU MENU, I can bring up the panel states, but could not work out hoe to save the new created state name?

So, pretty well all of my questions resolved.

• 3 months later...

A hint that seems to work with  FSX SP2 -  WIn7 SP1 - CRJ  1.2.3.0

Before Starting FSX

Run CRJ Manager - Options TAB - move a slider one position then back where it was

Click Save Configuration

Start FSX 

AVAIL light appeared !!

I don't know if the trick works in P3D

Note: My FSX starts with default Cessna with engine running, then I shutdown engine and turn off everything

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

EDIT: Responding to Hans's request

FSX SP2 -  WIn7 SP1 - CRJ  1.2.3.0

Battery On 

Dome Lights On (it is dark at the time of the test) 

LAMP TEST 1

-> AVAIL light on (along all other) 

LAMP  test OFF

I request ground power

AVAIL light on 

PS: I did not follow the hint I state on previous post

We already had this discussion in April 2019 regarding P3Dv4. More to the end of the thread.

Hans wrote:

I think we've got it. Going by the steps you posted above, the AVAIL light now shows every time. The reason? I wish I knew. It seems that renaming some  L-variables from ASCRJ_ELEC_EXTPWR_xxx to ASCRJ_ELEC_GPU_xxx fixed it, but according to the guys at LM, there's no character limit for L-variables. The whole thing remains mysterious.

Now, while I'm working on fixing things, can you give me an example for the STAR/Appr change issue?

Wolfgang

• Developer
vor 11 Stunden , SLKVP sagte:

EDIT: Responding to Hans's request

FSX SP2 -  WIn7 SP1 - CRJ  1.2.3.0

Battery On 

Dome Lights On (it is dark at the time of the test) 

LAMP TEST 1

-> AVAIL light on (along all other) 

LAMP  test OFF

I request ground power

AVAIL light on 

PS: I did not follow the hint I state on previous post

Thank you, but I hoped for a situation where the AVAIL lt doesn't work with ground power but works with the light test. That would prove that it's an issue in the code, not in the model. Can you try it the other way round please? Ground power first (with AVAIL lt off) and then light test. Thanks.

FSX SP2

1. Connect ground power (via DAVE)

2. Ground Power ON

3. Test Lights ON-  (AVAIL) not lit.

4. BAT sw ON - (AVAIL) not lit.

I turn everything off following opposite steps above 4-3-2-1 (BAT off - Tst LT OFF - GND pwr OFF - GND pwr Disconnect. 

Then I do the other way around.

1. BAT on

2.DAVE GND pw Connect

3. GND pw ON -  (AVAIL) not lit.

4. Test Lights ON-  (AVAIL) not lit.

Last time I used CRJ was 2 days ago and AVAIL light was working as advertised without the 'trick' described in my post above in this thread. 

Between that flight in this one I intent to start (where the AVAIL-light problem appears) I used payware aircraft form 4 different developers the 3 of them 'complex'. Also I used OpusFSX and LITTTLENAVMAP all the times and VPilot on two occasions.

• 1 month later...

I do sometimes have the problem that no light in the overhead panel is available.

After 2-3 restarts of the sim, its working suddenly. I have no clue why this happend sometimes. (the Avail light from AC excluded)

I am using P3D 4.5 HF1 and the latest version of the CRJ :)

• Developer

Yes, that's the problem. If it was something that happened all the time or on every system, we would probably have been able to fix it long ago. Same with the MFD Range CTD. Those two are very successful in hiding from me. The day when I will be able to find out the reason, I will be the happiest man on earth.

The strange thing I recognized it, it looks like it depends on textures o.O

I picked now 4 restarts the Lufthansa Regional D-ACNN livery, everything is working fine with it.

The EFB was ON automaticaly everytime.

If I picke another Lufthansa Regional Llivery (old Color), it is not working and the EFB wasn't on automaticaly.

Vor 1 Stunde, Branimir sagte:

I also found out that range chance CTD happened only when I forgot to set VNAV pages on ground and then I set them while climbing.

That never happend on my site but I only did the 4th flight with the CRJ :D

I also has some "troubles" during approach to be stable. GPWS is not working if I am unstable.

vor 6 Stunden , flyingpilot1740 sagte:

The strange thing I recognized it, it looks like it depends on textures o.O

I picked now 4 restarts the Lufthansa Regional D-ACNN livery, everything is working fine with it.

The EFB was ON automaticaly everytime.

If I picke another Lufthansa Regional Llivery (old Color), it is not working and the EFB wasn't on automaticaly.

I have to take back this comment. It didnt worked now after 4 restarts.... This is really annoying and makes this plane more buggy as funny.

I am wondering that nobody else is complaining about this issue ...

• Developer
vor 22 Stunden , flyingpilot1740 sagte:

I have to take back this comment. It didnt worked now after 4 restarts.... This is really annoying and makes this plane more buggy as funny.

I am wondering that nobody else is complaining about this issue ...

There are several people who complain about this. However, if you had read my posts, you would know that it's an issue that is not reproducable. It's like those strange effects when you suddenly don't see the beacon lights anymore on the exterior model. All that we can trace or debug, we have traced or debugged. Everything is perfectly alright - but for some people, the bloody light still sometimes doesn't show. Stefan, myself and others spent so much time testing this, that we came to the conclusion that it might be a bug in the MDL export tools from the FSX/P3D SDK. But even that is not 100% sure.

Archived