Problem with Airbus X Extended

Tjs_1445

Good Morning,

I dont very often post on forums and have never posted on an Aerosoft forum before, so I'm not sure if I've posted in the right place. Im having a few issues with my Airbus 318/319/320/321. I recently upgraded my PC and FSX is running better than ever before, including other addons. However, the Airbus is refusing to work properly no matter what I try. It makes my system lag to the point where it is unusable. No other addon does this. Please see below my system specs;

Dell Vostro i5 8GB RAM 300gb HDD & 2TB Windows 10 Pro
WIFI
AMD Radeon HD 5450
Windows 10 Pro
8GB RAM
300GB HDD (OS)
2000GB HDD (Data Drive

I also have troed to turn down graphics settings in FSX with no luck. I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Toby Smith

• Deputy Sheriffs

I guess this is the result of the following:

- for heat management Notebooks tend to throttle down the CPU clock speed.

- your CPU is designed to work between 2500-3100 MHz. 

- so if your Notebook starts to throttle down it will get more or less immediately below the system requirements for the Airbus, which are 3000 MHz.

I don't know if you are able to modify or completely disable the throttle down of the clock speed somewhere in the BIOS.

Please login to display this image.

Source: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/flight-simulator-x-steam/aircraft/1054/airbus-a320/a321?number=AS13225

• Deputy Sheriffs

Toby, you originally posted in the Airbus Professional section (P3Dv4.3 only) rather than the Airbus Extended (FSX product) section. However, since that section is no longer active because it's two generations behind the current product. I'll move this for you to the General Aircraft section where it's more likely to be seen. Take a look also at this post which does a good job of explaining thermal throttling of the CPU.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived