Aircraft Stability

andymax00

Hello everyone!

First of all let me say how impressed I am with the modeling. It is amazing.

I have been experiencing issues with the aircraft: stutters. Despite of the settings adjustments and the information available on this forum, I have not been able to make the aircraft stable on the sim, whether on the outside or on the VC. Furthermore, I have noticed that the frame rates are fluctuating a lot.

I spent the last couple of days carefully reading the manual and some recommendations made on this forum but I have not had success.  

For ease, here are my specs:

·         P3D V4.3

·         Windows 7

·         GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5)

·         i7-4790 CPU

·         Samsung S22D300HY monitor (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz via HDMI)

No problems whatsoever with other aircraft (hope no one takes this as criticism. Just calling my experience out with other add-ons).  

Thanks in advance!

Andrés R.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry Andre, your post got somehow lost.

Getting not stable means you have strange movements, up and downs etc.?

How much fps do you get in average?

Are you using a weather addon?

On 10/18/2018 at 1:59 AM, mopperle said:

Sorry Andre, your post got somehow lost.

Thank you, Otto. No worries.

Getting not stable means you have strange movements, up and downs etc.?

Not strange movements, but rather issues with the aircraft performance.

How much fps do you get in average?

I am having between 20 and 30 fps.

Are you using a weather addon?

I am using ASN as my weather add-on, but have tested the aircraft without any add-ons and the results are the same. I have even moved ALL the graphics sliders to the left, but no luck at all: the aircraft still stutters.

Thank you and best regards!

Andrés.

andymax00,

I've been having control problems as well. I logged on to start a thread of my own, but take a look at the video I have attached. If your issues are similar to mine, maybe we can get the support we need together. It's a little crude, It's just a cellphone recording of my screen. If this isn't you issue, let me know and I'll start my own thread. I'm not here to hi-jack your thread.

Basically my problem is that the jet has problems with stable flight, most noticably with the autopilot engaged. In the video you'll see a smooth course change to the right, and then another that goes all wrong. It seems to heppen anytime the sim stutters, even for a second. EDIT: You can also see the control surfaces bouncing back and fourth, magnifying the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w8vkdh6gqgmy5gq/AAA1Dktxy_VCDJMUczyOo_20a?dl=0

Emerson

50 minutes ago, ebattle said:

andymax00,

I've been having control problems as well. I logged on to start a thread of my own, but take a look at the video I have attached. If your issues are similar to mine, maybe we can get the support we need together. It's a little crude, It's just a cellphone recording of my screen. If this isn't you issue, let me know and I'll start my own thread. I'm not here to hi-jack your thread.

Basically my problem is that the jet has problems with stable flight, most noticably with the autopilot engaged. In the video you'll see a smooth course change to the right, and then another that goes all wrong. It seems to heppen anytime the sim stutters, even for a second. EDIT: You can also see the control surfaces bouncing back and fourth, magnifying the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w8vkdh6gqgmy5gq/AAA1Dktxy_VCDJMUczyOo_20a?dl=0

Emerson

What you are experiencing is what happens when your fps drops below (roughly) 18fps.

Please post your system specs and what addons you're using.

Best wishes.

Hi Emerson,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems too. Unfortunately, my problem is not related to yours since I am having between 20/25 - 30 fps. I am just experiencing a lot of stutters when flying the bus, regardless of how low I end up running P3D. As Dave stated, if your system is not able to keep at least 18 fps with the bus, then you will be experiencing erratic movements as you are (there are quite a few post on the forum about this). 

Best regards, 

Andrés. 

Andy,

It would be very helpful if you could provide a short video of what you're experiencing.  I recommend using Open Broadcaster to make the recording unless you already have something else... or you could do what Emerson did with his phone.

Stutters in P3D are usually caused by:

1. CPU speed (too high or too low)

2. GPU not being able to keep up with the graphics processing sent to it by the CPU

3. P3D graphics settings being too high or just wrong

4. Disk access speed being too low.

5. Running out of RAM, which forces P3D to use the Page File

What speed is your processor set to run at?

Have you tried deleting both your Shaders folder and Prepar3d.cfg file?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

That's unfortunate. I wish that would've been as clearly stated on the sales page. I run the typical addon's from PMDG, TFDI, CaptainSim, Aerosoft (as in the CRJ) and FSLabs. Aerosoft's Airbus package is the only one that has these problems. Are you telling me this problem for some reason can't be overcome when it comes to this particular product?? If so, that is quite the disappointment.

I don't say this to be rude, I say this to be honest; I LOVE Aerosoft's airports, but you all seem to struggle to provide the same quality product when it comes to aircraft.

Archived