Need some help with updating Db please

Hi folks 

A couple of days in and I can't get it, Win 7 with PFPX and NavDataPro.

My issue is failing to move the Db past AS1302.

I have cycle_info.txt from 2013 in c:\users\public\public documents/PFPX Data\NavData\

But...my cycle_info.txt from 09/2018 is in c:\users\public\public documents/PFPX Data\NavData\NavDataPro\NavDataPro\NavData\   

Thank you for any advice you can give after multiple uninstalls, and multiple options taken.

Please login to display this image.

You are installing the Navdata updates too deep, there should not be any sub-folders to \PFPX Data\Navdata

All NAVDATA files should reside in c:\users\public\public documents/PFPX Data\NavData\

• Deputy Sheriffs

You have most likely configured your NavDataPro client wrongly.

This is how it should look like for PFPX:

• 4 months later...

Hi folks ,

I'm still stuck with the same problem, cannot update database past 1302

I have a feeling it's to do with my using a French version of Windows where 'Utilisateurs' is used for the C:/ tree instead of 'Users'

Nav data seems to have no issues translating this, but not sure about PFPX. 

Am I out of options??

Here's some screenies:

Thank you SR Cooke, Each time I do a NDP update, it creates the folders Aerosoft/Airbus_Fallback/NavDataPro/NavData  inside c://users/documents/public/PFPXData/NavData/  and places the New Update in there!!!

I guess that's  the backup, so where's the new download?

Rapidly losing interest in this thing. Why are the file paths so set in stone? 

Update your NDP entry to that shown by Tom in the post above

As I do not use AS NavdataPro  you need assistance from the AS staff if necessary, maybe creating a post in the NavdataPro board.

Removed everything, Updated again, unchecked create backup, still only have the Aerosoft/Airbus_Fallback/NacDataPro/NavData  and the update is in there. Guess what? PFPX can't find it. 

Just now, srcooke said:

Update your NDP entry to that shown by Tom in the post above

As I do not use AS NavdataPro  you need assistance from the AS staff if necessary, maybe creating a post in the NavdataPro board.

Thanks I will post in NDP, and that's always been my path as Tom gave a while ago, thanks anyway cheers

Just now, dubmike said:

Removed everything, Updated again, unchecked create backup, still only have the Aerosoft/Airbus_Fallback/NacDataPro/NavData  and the update is in there. Guess what? PFPX can't find it. 

Of course it will not, the Airbus data has absolutely nothing to do with PFPX, NDP is not correctly configured.

Hi Stephen, 

Jeez thank you and apologies to all for chronic timewasting, I was so focused on the the path, I wasn't seeing the dataset!

All working perfectly, thanks again. 

Mike (numpty newbie) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived