Strange performance issues

RotateSimulation

Hello,

I have just purchased the Bus Professional bundle and I am having this strange issue. No matter what setting, what airport, time, weather all the variables you could imagine I will get exactly 5fps on the ground, no more and no less but as soon as the nose gear lifts off the ground the fps sky rockets to 35+ fps. I have tried a full re-install to no avail. 
Any tips or advice on what I can do?

My specs are Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Intel i7 4790K 4.7GHZ.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, RotateSimulation said:

Hello,

I have just purchased the Bus Professional bundle and I am having this strange issue. No matter what setting, what airport, time, weather all the variables you could imagine I will get exactly 5fps on the ground, no more and no less but as soon as the nose gear lifts off the ground the fps sky rockets to 35+ fps. I have tried a full re-install to no avail. 
Any tips or advice on what I can do?

My specs are Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Intel i7 4790K 4.7GHZ.

Many thanks.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems.

1. Would you please post screen shots (not Prepar3d.cfg file) of your P3D settings?  All settings please.

2. Are you using any software for AI Aircraft and if so which one?

3. At what point in the flight are you having frame rate issues (examples: always, on the ground, at takeoff, at approach, when entering within 18 miles of a payware airport, etc.).

4. What, if anything, do you use to monitor your frame rates?

5. Is your processor (CPU) or Graphics Processor overclocked?  If so, to what speed are they overclocked?

6. Are you using any P3D Tweaks or non-standard settings?  Please include Affinity Mask settings as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi @DaveCT2003,

1. I messed about with the settings at first but as nothing worked I reverted back so these are my normal day to day settings

2. No AI

3. On ground until nose gear is in the air then no matter any of the variables I states in my first message the first will shoot up to what I assume it will normally be

4. P3Ds in built system, Fraps.

5. CPU = yes, 4.7GHZ. GPU = No

6. Completely stock, no cfg. tweaks or any tweaks for that matter.

Appreciate you helping me.

Please login to display this image.

@DaveCT2003 don't worry about responding. I feel so stupid! It was the dynamic lighting!! It seems weird that it is effecting my system so harshly however I have found the problem and it has now been rectified (dynamic lighting turned off for bus flights!). 
Thank you for attempting to help.. I am now going to enjoy a nice flight from JFK-MSP in my new aircraft.

Thanks again and any mods please feel free to close this thread!

Archived