Install Location of Mega Madrid Professional?

mathsman20

Hi

I have just purchased the Mega Airport Madrid Professional scenery for P3D v4.   When I start the install it chooses a location of "C:\Airbus Professional" as the default installation folder as I have recently purchased  Aerosoft's new Airbus for P3D v4 and that is where the aircraft add-ons are located.   However, it seems a strange default location for the installer to choose to install this scenery.  What if I did not have the Airbus? What would it choose then?   Would it be better to define a new folder on the C drive , say "Madrid Professional" and direct it to install there?   ( I am never very confident about re-directing scenery installs, but my recent study of the forums has led me to believe the scenery will still work OK.)

Regards

Keith

• Developer

The installers of Aerosoft will save the location you choise and will use them for the next product. 

When you select for a Product like the Airbus a special folder, it will be saved and use from the next product, as the install will respect what you have select.

It makes no sence to select a different folder for sceneries or the Airbus, as this is only the primary folder, not the product folder.

It makes more sence to select a Folder for Aerosoft products, independed what type the are, for example C:\Prepar3D Addons\Aerosoft

The Airbus will generate his subdirectories below this folder, same as the Sceneries. So you get below the C:\Prepar3D Addon\Aerosoft folder the subfolders

..\Airbus xyz

..\Sim-wings Madrid ...

and so on.

In this case you only need to choice the location once, after tat you don't need to change the installpath for any future professional product from Aerosoft (for P3DV4).

(Older Addons normaly still use then <Sim MainDir>\Ecosystem\Aerosoft folder per default.)

For other providers you can have another subdirectory below C:\Prepar3D Addons

Archived