Airac Setting FMC

f.skywalker

I have a little question.
I use Navigraph.
When I plan my flight I have the choice in the FMC to use
the Airac that was involved in the installation or my Navigraph Airac.
In the config tool I switched to Navigraph.
So that offers the possibility to fly with different airacs?!
I hope I did not make any mistakes.

Frank

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can use whatever navdatabase you want. You only should take care that you use the same cycle in your flighplanning tool as in the aircraft.

In some rare cases there might be a difference between how Jeppesen and Lufthansa(Lido) see various things. E.g. Jeppesen/Navigraph lists a procedure as STAR, while in fact it is a TRANS and therefore in the Airbus it is not listed under STAR but VIAs, cause Lido/NavdataPro coded it this way.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The AS Airbus supports the usage of two different navigation providers, NavDataPro and/or Navigraph. For each of these providers there is a folder in your system that contains the navigation data.

Within the Airbus MCDU you are able to select a primary and secondary navigation database. If you configure NavDataPro within the Airbus Configurator this will be your primary navigation database, and what ever is in the Navigraph folder will be the secondary database. If you configure Navigraph within the Airbus Configurator this will be your primary navigation database, and what ever is in the NavDataPro folder will be the secondary database.

It is not possible to place NavDataPro data into the Navigraph folder, and vice versa, it is not possible to place Navigraph data into the NavDataPro folder.

This means: you can have ONE NavDataPro database in a certain AIRAC cycle and ONE Navigraph database in a certain AIRAC cycle. Within the configurator you select which will be your primary database, and within the MCDU you can select if you want to use the primary or secondary database for your flight.

And as Otto just wrote: what ever database in what ever cycle you use, you have to make sure that it matches the one in your flight planning tool and your charts.

Archived