Sound Mixups in various views

bradley27

One thing ive noticed with the pro builds in the few times Ive had time to use them is the sounds getting very mixed up given whats actually happening with the aircraft.

Example: With the A318/A319 i was at Gatwick (UK2K) on the runway and i panned to one of the views that look at the aircraft from the wingtip, your also able to pan around if you so wish...anyway,the runway approach announcement continued to repeat over and over in this view.

Also i can have the engines on full down the runway and then wind down to the point that we stop but again if i pan to an alternative view on the aircraft (spot etc) the sounds heard are the engines on full blast yet we arent moving???? This was using the A321 but most likely the case with the A320 too.....Im unsure if the A318 & A319 are affected

Im unsure if some of the code written just needs tweaking by there are surely bugs with this area that need flattening i think?

I use Chaseplane for different views as well as the default P3D (I don't use the Airbus View System), and I've never noticed this in over 80 flights.  Are you using the View System, or something else?  This will help us to try and reproduce what you're experiencing.

Sure. Just thought id point it out as i do think there is somekind of engine audio mixup in various views.

Just to be clear, I had the engines on full blast in virtual cockpit and spot view, switching between the two views and then brought the throttle right down, tried to deploy the reverse thrusters which had a considerable delay, eventually slowed down and turned off the runway, back into virtual cockpit view and taxied someway up a taxiway and then back onto spot view and the engines sounded like they were still on full blast though i was taxing very slowly. This was on the A321 Pro.

And then with the A319 sometime ago i was sat on the runway at Gatwick on a view offered in the menu for the Airbus Pro (right click menu) and the runway approach announcement kept repeating herself over and over even though i was already sat on the runway.

Cheers guys.

• Aerosoft

Those are all done by the default audio engine of the sim, we do not have a lot of control over that. But as you also have issues with the RAAS audio (that is NOT handled by the sim) it starts to sound like a deeper issue on the OS/Driver level. There are some amazingly bad drivers for motherboard audio around. Asus come to mind. On many laptops I have seen (rather heard) sounds delayed by over a second.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed an issue with the engine sounds on my descent today with the A321. I had my throttle at idle but when I changed views to a wing view I could hear the engines full throttle with buzz noise and all. Even when I switched to spot view the engines still sounded full thorttle

On 10/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, Navigation said:

Ok the way I fixed this issue for me was I went into control panel, sound, communications and check do nothing worked for me 

Sorry you did what? Communications and what?

• 5 months later...

Okay, hopefully they'll work out whats causing it, this was very similar to previous issues i was having with reverse thrust bleeds

• 4 weeks later...

Archived