MISSING PLANES

DanielFs9

Hello,

I don't know where to put this topic nor where to find some help. I am using AS Extended Airbus. I run FSX normally, than during flight preparation (going in / going out into and from the FSX) my plane is missing and i just see his shadow or part of it is missing. I also have installed the Orbx Global Base Pack, OpenLC Europe, FTX Global Vectors I am little bit out, as i haven't flown for over 6 years and i just got a brand new PC with excellent spec, so PC shouldn't be the problem. OS is Windows 10pro 64-bit. Let me know if you need any additional information. Comments and ideas are more than welcome.

Thank you!

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you starting FSX with a default aircraft, then at the aircraft/airport/time and date/weather selection screen choosing the Airbus? It's been some time since I used the Airbus Extended, but IIRC, trying to start the sim directly with the Airbus extended as the default aircraft can cause this.

I also moved this for you to the Airbus Extended dedicated support section to improve your chances of a resolution.

Hi Herman,

Thank you for your comments. I am starting straight away with the Airbus Extended. I might found out the problem, not sure yet, but as I use few scenery from Orbx including the Global Pack OpenLC Europe, Vector and light's and one of those scenery is in conflict with Direct X - because once i check it I have black squares on the scenery (see pic below) and direct X is mandatory, I believe for Airbus Extended to work, correct? I also posted a question on their forum. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

You could be on to something with DX. I don't remember the DX requirement for the Aerosoft Airbus Extended product, but it would be unusual for it to require DX10 when DX9 was the standard and something like Steve's DX Fixer wasn't yet available. I never used the DX10 Preview in FSX because it was always so buggy and of course made those black squares around most lights. Since I remember my Airbus Extended worked great with the DX10 Preview box unchecked, I therefore doubt DX10 is required. I also doubt the Orbx products are interfering, as scenery doesn't usually affect aircraft appearance just sitting on the ground. Of course inflight, to much demand by a complex scenery, a complex weather add-on, and a relatively complex aircraft like your Airbus will cause low frame rates or even OOM issues.

Back to troubleshooting:

1. I'm not clear about your meaning when you say "I am starting straight away with the Airbus Extended." Let me be clearer with my advice: when you start FSX, it should start with a default aircraft at a default airport, or with the default flight using the ultralight downwind at Friday Harbor, Washington. Once you're at the startup selection screen with that default scenario preselected, then use the aircraft selection screen to choose the Aerosoft Airbus. If that's not how you're set up, please get your sim back to default and try again.
  2. To minimize scenery conflict possibilities, try setting up a graphics setting scheme with complexity sliders a couple of ticks in from the left side of the scale and name it something like "Airbus Test" and see if that helps with your graphics.
  3. Please confirm whether you seeing the visual error on initial load or on a "turnaround situation." That version of the Airbus never liked a multi-leg scenario where you'd fly from A to B, shutdown or even power-down at B, then try to fly from B to C., all in the same session.

I'll watch for replies over at the Orbx forum and see if there's anything helpful to tie the two together.

Hello Herman,

And thank you for your reply. I am getting really frustrated with all that so I really appreciate your time and help. 

Just to give you all information. I started from scratch, as i just got a new PC. So I installed the OS, the drivers and than the FSX. Regarding FSX I've installed Airbus Extended and the mentioned Orbx scenery. Regarding other add-ons i have Ut Live, Active Sky x, Pro ATC. So I am starting to believe that something might be wrong within the PC configuration...

I did step by step what you've told me. I started my FSX, reset it to default, unchecked the Direct X, restated my FSX. I've added a PDF file with few pictures so you can see what happened, and also see what happens when i turn the lights on. 

Those are my PC spec...

Intel Core i7 8700K (Hexa Core, 3.70 GHz, 12 MB, LGA1151 CL)
Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB SSD
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC), s1151, mATX
2x Corsair Memory 16GB DDR4 3000 Mhz Vengeance black
HDD Toshiba 3.5" 3 TB, 7.200 rpm, DT01ACA300
MSI GF GTX 1080Ti Gaming, 11GB
COOLER CPU, Corsair Hydro Series H105, Intel™ LGA 1150,
1155, 1156, 1366, and 2011 + AMD sockets AM2, AM3 and FM1,dual 120mm fan + 120x275mm radiator
POWER 750W Corsair Builder Series CX750M, 80+ Bronze,Modular

The FSX and it's add'ons are installed on the SSD. 

Let me know if you need any additional information. 

STARTING FSX.pdf

Just to let you know that my problems are all solved...the issues came some from the Avast Antivirus, some came from the settings...so I am good now. 

Thank you all! 

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 10/4/2018 at 4:44 AM, DanielFs9 said:

Just to let you know that my problems are all solved...the issues came some from the Avast Antivirus, some came from the settings...so I am good now. 

Thank you all! 

Daniel

Daniel, it's always helpful when those with issues share what worked to fix things, so thanks for that. Your detailed description of what you did would have certainly helped if you hadn't fixed this yourself. It's a good reminder that when we try to help someone with installation issues to ask about anti-virus programs in play.

Glad to hear this is sorted out for you and you can enjoy your sim.

Best regards

Archived