Saved flight not exibiting TD indicator.

LuisVargas

I saved a flight before starting the 'DESCENT PREP CL' (in CRZ level) and the TD in the MCDU was shown one minute later after the waypoint PAGOG and the next waypoint SP007 (FL131) was six minutes after PAGOG.  So I did the rest of the flight normaly and closed the simulator. Minutes later I was back to the simulator and load the saved flight. I saw that the TD was no longer showed in the MCDU and the fixed SP007 (FL131) was only two minutes (instead six like before) after PAGOG. I think that is not OK. Am I wrong?

MCDU image before save flight.

Please login to display this image.

MCDU with saved flight loaded.

By any chance are you using Real World Weather for your flights?

If you are, then this likely explains it, as the FMGS likely calculated that you were already past your TOD (due to the difference in winds between your original flight and your saved flight).  Next time, try saving the flight about 20 minutes drom your TOD (well, maybe even 10 minutes would work).

Best wishes!

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

By any chance are you using Real World Weather for your flights?

If you are, then this likely explains it, as the FMGS likely calculated that you were already past your TOD (due to the difference in winds between your original flight and your saved flight).  Next time, try saving the flight about 20 minutes drom your TOD (well, maybe even 10 minutes would work).

Best wishes!

Dave, you were right. I was using FSXWX. I repeated the flight using weather default and clear skies. In the first image below, the moment I saved the flight. In the second image, when the flight was resumed. Both situations are equals now!

Flight before save.

Flight after restart.

PS: By the way, but what a complex code are you developing, huh? I am a retired TI professional (IBM mainframe) and I could imagine the complexity of the code (what language?) by yours logical reasoning about the probable (and correct) cause of the issue. Congratulations!

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

8 minutes ago, LuisVargas said:

PS: By the way, but what a complex code are you developing, huh? I am a retired TI professional (IBM mainframe) and I could imagine the complexity of the code

I might (might) have you beat.  I cut my teeth on IBM Mainframes, and became a program manager for Naval Weapons systems (Submarines).

I've very happy to hear you've resolved your issue, GREAT JOB!

Best wishes for Happy Flights my friend!

Archived