Weather engine and Mega Airport Madrid

anthropos06

Hi Fellows,

only one question regarding the interaction between the weather engine and this scenery.

I have my LEMD airport working properly with north configuration ( Takeoff 36L/36R // Landing 32L/32R ). 

Everything is going smooth until I connect my weather engine ( Activesky ). Since this moment AI traffic does not follow the north configuration rules.  Aircrafts are taking off and landing in runway 36R a L, sometimes taking off from runway 18R and L ( completly irreal ).

do you have any clue regarding this problem?

Thank you for your support

Brgs

• Developer

The north config is only for wind from the north. When you start Activesky and the actual wind is from the south, then the north config is not fitting anymore.

The problem in P3D (and all older sims since FS9) is, that the Aiplayer engine did not support a runway config as used in Madrid:

1) you can select "close for Takeoff or Landing" in the Afcad file for both ends of the runway, but the sim will ignore the config for the secondary end and use for both directions only the config of the Base End.

2) The Ai Engine only activate parallel runways with the max heading difference smaller then +-8 degrees. Only with a trick, small dummy runways with max heading difference of 7.9 between both normal runways, makes all runways in Madrid selectable.

The special situation in Madrid, where the runways 18 and 32 are only used for landing and the runway 14 and 36 for takeoff only, could not build up with one afcad in the Sim.

With the correct north or south selected Afcad it will happen, that the AI Traffic use the runways 14 or 36 for landing, even when in the afcad this runways are marked as closed for landing.

The AI Engine code is nearly unchanged since 15 years (FS9) and very limited in config of such complex airport situations.

Thank you.

then, if I understood you message, with the actual AI engine we cannot expect to have this issue fixed

We will have to see planes landing on 36 runways......    

Nevertheless, thank you for your great support

Archived