CTD new update

BBoyJD10

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c32fc
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000250c0
Faulting process ID: 0x18ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d457e31dde0df9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\api.dll
Report ID: 3b6d2f82-9b27-4d05-bd47-0a29ef985ed4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Only occuring on the new update. Happened 3 times so far in my first flight with the A319. never occured before or in any other aircraft.

On 9/29/2018 at 6:25 AM, BBoyJD10 said:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c32fc
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000250c0
Faulting process ID: 0x18ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d457e31dde0df9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\api.dll
Report ID: 3b6d2f82-9b27-4d05-bd47-0a29ef985ed4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Only occuring on the new update. Happened 3 times so far in my first flight with the A319. never occured before or in any other aircraft.

AN api.dll crash can occur for running out of memory and/or issues with processing threads, and is quite often related more to the P3D code instead of an addon.  I'm not saying there is a problem with the P3D code itself, but maybe the way it was installed or updated.

Just a few questions that will help narrow this down a bit.

1. Would you please post your complete system specs (please include how much VRAM you have)?

2. What other software was running in concert with P3D?

3. What procedure did you use to update P3D to v4.3?  Did you perform a complete uninstall and reinstall of the sim?  Or did you update the componets and if so which ones?

4. At what point of the flight did the CTD occur, and did it happen after selecting or entering something?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

1. Would you please post your complete system specs (please include how much VRAM you have)? - i7 4790k, 980ti (6gb vram), 16gb ram, 500gb ssd, 1tb ssd, 750w psu

2. What other software was running in concert with P3D? P3D,& RexSkyForce

3. What procedure did you use to update P3D to v4.3?  Did you perform a complete uninstall and reinstall of the sim?  Or did you update the componets and if so which ones? Complete reinstall

4. At what point of the flight did the CTD occur, and did it happen after selecting or entering something? During flight 3 times

1 hour ago, BBoyJD10 said:

i7 4790k

1. I run the i7-4770K at 4.5GHz.  I picked it up a few months after release and I work it very hard and it's still truckin!  The Haswell is a MONSTER (incredible) processor. Just saw someone on another board wanting to upgrade from a 4790K to something else, and my first thought was WHY!?!?!  Anyway, nice rig, though depending on your CPU speed and what your P3D settings are (see below) the GTX980 might be struggling a bit.

4.  It would be very helpful to know which phase of flight you were in when the error occured, and if the CTD was associated with the selection of anything in the aircraft.  I'm afraid we really need specific information on this, unless there isn't any (no button presses, nothing being selected, not changing views, the three CTDs happened at different phases of flight, etc.

Would you be good enough to take screen shots of your P3D settings and post here in the forum?  This would be very helpful.

18 minutes ago, BBoyJD10 said:

I love my i7 4790k!!!! No reason to upgrade at all :D will send through the information tomorrow when i am back home.

Sounds good my friend.  Just so you're thinking ahead... my thoughts are this is a P3D related issue rather than the bus, but we should be able to help  you work your way out of it.  API errprs could be anything from hardware, heat, to software (almost always the base sim going back as far as FSX Deluxe).

Talk to soon!

I also experiance  unintended crash of the P3DV4.3 in mid flight with the Airbus A320/321 Proff package. I have not done any research to find the root cause, but parked the plane for now awaiting any new updates or proposals from Aerosoft. I am flying all the P3D Products of PMDG, and have no problems at all. Also the CRJ 700/900 works very well. Hope to see a solution in the near future, as the plane is quite nice.

7 hours ago, Parrot said:

Mathijs,

Thank you for the update, will await the update. And Dave, thanks for the advice, I will consider.

Thanks again

What AppCrashView does is allow immediate access to the Event Viewer (part of Windows) and it's been used in the flight sim community for at least 10 years.  It's just FAR easier and much faster interface to the Windows Event viewer, but if you'd rather use Windows Event Viewer then that's fine as well.  Without having the Crash Information we are essentially chasing a ghost.  Having the information can tell us where to look.

Best wishes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 3:44 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We have identified a possible reason for CTD and that fix will be in the next update.

Is this update out in one of the experimental updates?

Archived