Cant start sim when Madrid Professional is installed

snapshot21

Hi,

I installed Madrid professional and now the sim is stuck at the splash screen with "building database for new scenery files" stuck at 100%.

If I uninstall the scenery, or disable it from the Add-on xml with SimstarterNG, the sim starts normally.

Any suggestions to fix the issue?

Thanks!

• Developer

Ok, never see or get reported such an issue.

Can you please install Madrid and when at the end the Configtool opens, just press the deregister button (lower left corner) and the. Start the P3D. The scenery is in this case not active (not registered in the addon.cfg).

When P3D starts correct, stop it and start the Configtool again to register the scenery. Then check the start of P3D again.

If you use a AI addon, check if the situation change, when you deactived this addon.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In my experience this hanging is happening when there is somewhere in an add-on.xml or add-on.cfg a path is defined that does not exist.

Install of Madrid was no problem from my side.

Have you manually changed anything (moving folder) after install?

@masterhawk

I just installed the scenery normally as I do all my aerosoft scenery. It even found the directory where I install all my aerosoft files automatically. I did not move any files or folders. This is the first aerosoft scenery that I encountered this problem.

Another possible symptom is that when i try to uninstall the scenery through the control panel add and remove programs, I have this error.

Please login to display this image.

Im thinking that I may have a corrupted installer?

Ill try redownloading.

@OPabst

I tried deregistering the scenery and it still does not start. Only way is to disable it through the add-on xml itself using simstarter, or removing the scenery entirely.

Im currently redownloading the installer in case it was a corrupted download. Although the download is unusually slow at the moment..

• Developer

When you press the deregister button in the LEMDConfig Tool, the scenery will be removed from the addon.cfg (not XML) and is not anymore known by the P3D Sim. So if he don't start, there is anything else wrong, maybe simstarter is involved here.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived