Prepar3d v4 crashes when starting with Airbus

Benedikt Hossle

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I am experiencing an issue only with the Airbus A3XX.

When I start Prepar3d v4 with a default, PMDG, or Qualitywings, everything runs fine and smoothly.

However, when I want to start with an Airbus, my Sim crashes as soon as I press the "OK" buttom.

When I use first an other aircraft and switch to A320, suprisingly everything works fine. 

I would be glad to have a solution for this issue!

Thanks in advance.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:45 PM, Benedikt Hossle said:

When I use first an other aircraft and switch to A320, suprisingly everything works fine. 

This is actually the recommended manner in which to load any third party aircraft and I believe it's in our documentation.  Most people can often get away without doing this, but still the recommended manner to load third party aircraft is to load a default aircraft.

• Aerosoft
On 9/28/2018 at 9:45 PM, Benedikt Hossle said:

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I am experiencing an issue only with the Airbus A3XX.

When I start Prepar3d v4 with a default, PMDG, or Qualitywings, everything runs fine and smoothly.

However, when I want to start with an Airbus, my Sim crashes as soon as I press the "OK" buttom.

I would be glad to have a solution for this issue!

Thanks in advance.

Tjee I would really like to understand this because it is very weird. It strongly suggest there is a 'setting' in the bus that makes it crash. Can you try to select another start state in the settings MCDU and start the sim again?

3 hours ago, Benedikt Hossle said:

Yesterday, I spent the whole evening finding for a solution. It is a RAAS issue ... Unfortunately.

I have deinstalled it and now it works. :o

Yes sir, I've seen the same thing on my end, except that I disabled it on the P3D Menu instead of uninstalling it.

Note for everyone:  I almost always load into a default aircraft before loading the Airbus or any other third party aircraft.

Archived