HELP!! Lots of very strange issues.

agb168

Hello,

I purchased the Aerosoft F-14 extended back in September last year (2017), installed it and enjoyed it fully. Recently I made a hardware change to my computer (changed motherboard, added hard drive, moved windows onto new hard drive, changed CPU, changed RAM) as a result of this I have had to reinstall P3D (v3) along with my addons.

I reinstalled the F-14 only to find that when entering the sim, the wings will not sweep (the lever will move but no sweep takes place), the throttles will not move in cockpit (actual engine rpm will change when real life throttles are moved though), the air speed indicator on both HUD and gauge do not change and the flaps (both lever and actual) will not change whatsoever. I have tacpack installed and all of its features seem to work. So far the only thing that gets the wings to sweep is setting the aircraft to cold and dark state which sweeps the wings fully forward, from there they cannot be moved. In addition, when the aircraft is set to cold and dark, engine sounds do not cease and remain as if they are fully started.
Because the only way I've been able to use the aircraft is with wings over swept back, no airspeed indicator and no flap control, the actual amount of flying I have done has been limited, subsequently there could very well be other large issues that I haven't played enough to observe yet. The strangest thing about this is that many aspects of the module work completely fine, and there are no error messages to be found in any facet of P3D or any relevant software.  

Hmmm... wish I could give some insight as to why... I too am seeing some odd behaviors with the tomcat... I haven’t had much luck on the forums sloving my issue... I submitted a support email with Aerosoft and it’s been 4 days and haven’t heard back yet (odd as they always responded quickly in the past)...

hope you get up and running again soon...

• Aerosoft

Balis323, I am unable to find any ticket from you (other than one from 2016). Would you be so kind to drop me a mail with the ticket number at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com so I can check what is going on?

-------------

We have no explanation why an add-on that worked fine behaves strange when it is installed again. The only 'logical' reason is that the sim is not correct, as the add-on is the same.

Agree on all and will respond soon (at work texting)...

Support has always been excellent and not questioning... not sure what happened because I did submit to support via the website on Monday after I had no luck reviewing related topics in forum... 

BLUF I have a new WIN10 PC and can’t get tomcat to launch on cat... aircraft won’t squat does about halfway and extends... on cat mini hud shows flicker between hold and kneel 

runs fine on my win 7 pc so FSX is having an issue I guess but other aircraft are working fine on new pc so I’m thinking WIN 10 might be causing??

Here's a link to a similar issue that was solved with installing/reinstalling simconnect.  I believe there are 3 different versions of simconnect, but the proper one is needed for the Aerosoft Tomcat to function correctly.  

Archived