Jetways not being used by AI (P3Dv4.3)

Mindframe85

Hello, 

Not sure if anyone is running into this issue with the new jetways. I just downloaded the GSX Expansion 2 which I absoluteltly love btw. Great to actually wait for passengers to board along with all the great realistic jetways. My current AI Traffic is Just Flight Global. The one issue I'm having that I noticed is when AI is parked at the gate. None of the aircrafts are operating a jetway. They are there, but not moving or attach/detach to parked AI. Anyone know of this bug and have a solution for me?

1 hour ago, data63 said:

GSX2 uses SODE for the jetways - did you configue SODE to recognoze AI traffic AND are your AI planes configured to support jetways (having [exit] sections)

I'm hoping it is...I'm sort of new to this. Do you know where I can find out ?

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE the is a SODEPlatformManager.exe.

There are several configuration item - one is "use SODE jetways with AI traffic" (something like that)

But be careful - there is "some impact" on larger AP like EGLL

6 hours ago, data63 said:

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE the is a SODEPlatformManager.exe.

There are several configuration item - one is "use SODE jetways with AI traffic" (something like that)

But be careful - there is "some impact" on larger AP like EGLL

Ok so I went into the SODE manager and noticed AI Traffic detenction was set at false and so I changed it to true. Re opened the sim but still notice the same, but I only was letting the sim run for a couple minutes to notice anything. Should jetways already be attached on AI aircraft when I first start up the sim or should I sit there and wait to start seeing something happen? I'll give it another go to test it out. Other then that I can't seem to see the reason why it shouldn't work now. 

The GSX Level 2 SODE jetways do not support AI docking. This was discussed already several times in the FSDT Forum and most likely it will never be changed. Reason: performance. The GSX Level 2 jetways are much more detailed than the SODE default ones and the load would simply be to big. My suggestion: mix them. Instead of replacing all jetways on a certain scenery by the GSX Level 2 variant, leave 50% as they are with working AI docking. you could even modify your AFCAD as such as that AI then only goes to gates with working AI docking.

2 hours ago, Querer said:

The GSX Level 2 SODE jetways do not support AI docking. This was discussed already several times in the FSDT Forum and most likely it will never be changed. Reason: performance. The GSX Level 2 jetways are much more detailed than the SODE default ones and the load would simply be to big. My suggestion: mix them. Instead of replacing all jetways on a certain scenery by the GSX Level 2 variant, leave 50% as they are with working AI docking. you could even modify your AFCAD as such as that AI then only goes to gates with working AI docking.

Well that sounds depressing. Do you know if there will be a future update from FSDT? How do I change the settings to 50%? Is it in the SODE manager as well? 

Are we talking about default airports? Then it will be tricky to impossible, I do not think that you can limit this to 50%. I was talking about the manual replacement for addon sceneries. For those, you can easily select which jetways you want to replace and keep the rest.

2 hours ago, Querer said:

Are we talking about default airports? Then it will be tricky to impossible, I do not think that you can limit this to 50%. I was talking about the manual replacement for addon sceneries. For those, you can easily select which jetways you want to replace and keep the rest.

That already sounds like a lot of extra work. I guess I'll just leave it as it is until they release an update to fix or add it. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would say, with statements like

- SODE replacement Jetways worldwide

- SODE replacement Jetways at every airport.

IMHO FSDT promised a bit too much. If the jetway is part of a building and not separately modelled, it simply can not be excluded/exchanged. This has also been confirmed by FSDT in their forum.

So definitely SODE not at every airport.

2 minutes ago, mopperle said:

I would say, with statements like

IMHO FSDT promised a bit too much. If the jetway is part of a building and not separately modelled, it simply can not be excluded/exchanged. This has also been confirmed by FSDT in their forum.

So definitely SODE not at every airport.

Yeah what a waste of money but I think GSX2 has a lot of great realistic features. Just annoys me how these jetways dont work with AI. Shouldn't be like that. Well I hope they get enough feedback to finally fix the problem. I really dont want to add every single airport add on for it to work otherwise my machine will melt lol. 

Again, there is nothing to "fix", it is a thoughtful chosen decision. If they would have it enabled, everybody would complain about the incredible bad performance. The sim can simply not handle that many complex SODE jetways without the performance going down the drain. Then: when the SODE jetways from GSX Level 2 are not active, they are replaced by a lower poly static variant. Now think about a big airport with 50-60 high poly SODE jetways being active. Seems to be also related to how many simconnect calls are taken, this would basically flood simconnect and induce issues with other addons using simconnect.

You see, plenty of reasons

@mopperle Well, it is not entirely wrong, you can add SODE jetways on every airport. The only thing, as you mentioned, on some sceneries you can not replace the hardcoded jetways. Personally, I do not like this kind of almost false advertisement neither, it leads to what we see here...

Archived