CAT LAUNCH Issue (Kneel/no launch)

balis323

Just installed in new WIN 10 PC.... never had this issue before.... In know others have had in the past... cant find fix in forums... will keep looking.

Having kneel issue... aircraft wont stay in kneel for launch... seems like conflict with something... or loop like one person described... already reinstalled and no luck!

Checking tacpack to see if its a setting there... anyone know how to fix? Making CQ a chore...

Only fix I could find is old...says to select FSX Gold on reinstall and manually point to Directory.... 

I already uninstalled and installed.... will try again tomorrow...

Similar topic on a VRS tac pack forum... VRS was quick to throw the issue back on Aerosoft...

Only other thing different is warthog split throttles...  but both engines are getting to zone 5 no problem.... before I had them as one throttle with "use alternate throttle" selected....  I guess I can try that too... setting it back.

Shift I works... but I cant kneel the aircraft on a runway with shift-w or ctl-w.... cockpit kneel switch doesn't function on runway either... just shift-I on cat... shift-space does nothing...

will check other aircraft as well (only have F-14X configured on new system... so far).

Tried uninstall after I flew the t45C with no issues launching off a few different carriers...

Tried several different throttle configurations... no luck...

the aircraft wont kneel on its own and with Shift-I it appears kneeled but in mini HUD it flickers between HOLD and KNEEL and shift-spacebar does nothing (otherwise aircraft is configured correctly).

will try A and B next... been using 14 A+

someone HELP!!

something buggy with kneel... tried shift-w and ctl-w (i.e. tried mapping both)…. acft starts to kneel halfway then stops and extends.. if you keep pressing it will go down a little further somethimes… otherwise it keeps stuttering from extend to half way kneeled when you keep pressing shift-w...  

Got it down once on b... but then when I went to change back to cockpit (S) flames started to spew from the fuel jet (was on ramp at idle... haven't seen on other A, A+)…

Could this be FSX Steam update related?

Hey everyone... got a video uploaded... did some uninstall and simmconnect troubleshooting this morning.... this is FSX STEAM I'm using with WIN 10 I7 8700 16 GB RAM NVIDA 1080.. 

nothing so far... I actually submitted the trouble ticket today.. so we shall see what Aerosoft recommends. 

Please login to view this video.

Support got me up and running... had to replace 3 folders in my sim objects airplane folder... they provided via separate download... now it kneels and launches.

another feature works now that never worked before... had first ACLS trap... hands free. That never worked  prior to this update.

I had to delete the saved flights I created.. one I made the default. Had to delete from my documents... FSX was angry until I deleted.  

Very happy now!

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same difficulty you did no launch at all.  Can you tell me what I need to do in order to get it to launch right.  I just recently acquired the f-14 extended.  It lands on a carrier fine.  Talking off is where I have the problem so I would appreciate any help you can give me

Sincerity. Michael

• 6 months later...

This happened to me yesterday and I followed the instructions as above.

i was sent a link to new airplane files and these were 'pasted' in to replace the existing ones.

May I take the opportunity to thank you the prompt response and solution to my support request.  A credit to customer service, thank you.  Now I can practice carrier launches and intercepts.

Archived