Autopilot not following route

darenf

HI

I am flying the A319 - A321 with success and love the aircraft - thank you.

I am able to program the aircraft from the ramp and fly as per the manual without problems. However when i have to change the route during the flight so for example omit a waypoint due to vectors for ATC or replan a STAR due to weather change i cannot get the aircraft to re engage with the route. I am doing something wrong clearly but i am not sure. The insert / edit into the flight computer is accepted and turns green but i cannot get the autopilot to re activate the correct route. 

Can some please help.

cheers Daz

Well, in some case screenshots are very helpful.

Are you using the DIR-Function if you get a shortcut from ATC, or do you trying inserting the new waypoint into flightplan?

How do you trying inserting a new STAR?

Wolfgang

Hi

Firstly - thanks for your help on this and the other subject, it is appreciated

I have included a screen shot below. In this instance i inserted a STAR from the airport page at the end of the flight plan.

So i clicked on the airport. Went into the arrivals page. Confirmed the runway and then selected via. Confirmed the STAR and confirmed insert. The text changed from yellow to green.

i checked the route for flight disco's. there wasn't any.In the screen shot, you can see that the aircraft continues past the right vector for the STAR.

I must be missing a very simple step. Happy to be guided.

Daz

Please login to display this image.

Archived