Problem When Undocking MCDU

simfix60

There seems to be an issue with Aerosoft A318, A319 and A320 for p3d v4.  I often pop-up and "Undock" the MCDU's. I might move MCDU to my second screen.  When this "undocking" takes place, it causes the program to lose some sound featuresMost importantly, the pilots voices on the "checklist" disappear.  When I realized this was happening, I discovered that you have to click on the panel (almost anywhere) to get these sounds back.  Then, if you touch any button on the MCDU again, you will, again, lose your checklist pilots voices; until you click the panel again.  Has anyone had this issue?  

Just tested on my system and I did not experience anything like you reported (I didn't notice any issues at all).  I run a 55-inch and three 23-inch monitors off one GTX 1080 with 11GB of VRAM.

What you're describing is often seen when someone is running out of memory.  How much memory do you have on your motherboard and graphics card?

10 hours ago, simfix60 said:

There seems to be an issue with Aerosoft A318, A319 and A320 for p3d v4.  I often pop-up and "Undock" the MCDU's. I might move MCDU to my second screen.  When this "undocking" takes place, it causes the program to lose some sound featuresMost importantly, the pilots voices on the "checklist" disappear.  When I realized this was happening, I discovered that you have to click on the panel (almost anywhere) to get these sounds back.  Then, if you touch any button on the MCDU again, you will, again, lose your checklist pilots voices; until you click the panel again.  Has anyone had this issue?  

You are not alone. ;)

Just tested on my system with 2 monitors and a GTX970 4 GB ram. The main screen with the cockpit goes silent, just like when I change to another program, and it does not change if the 'mute on lost focus' is checked or unchecked. To me it is not a problem, just wanted to test.

• Aerosoft

These sounds are not created by the standard sound system but by a module (so that is why they do not respond to the lost focus setting. Will discuss this as it might be solvable. But I am a silly project manager, not a programmer....

26 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Guys,

Are any of you using an added sound card or sound other than what is generated on the motherboard itself (for instance, using NVIDIA HD Sound)?

No, nothing special, only the built in sound card, and to me it is not a problem.

Please login to display this image.

47 minutes ago, Vindeballe said:

No, nothing special, only the built in sound card, and to me it is not a problem.

Thanks Kurt, I was just wondering if it could be related to one of those addon cards or NVIDA HD Audio.  We've seen that before.

Anyway, as the Boss said we're looking into this.

Thanks for the report my friend.

Guys, sometimes its difficult to understand an issue someone us describing... but regarding the sound issue, i think i know what your talking about.

There is a problem which is likely with Windows 10 that causes about 1.5 seconds of sound when the mouse is moved from P3D to another monitor. I have this probkem myself, and after months of troubleshooting I've only managed to figure out what it isnt.

Does this sound like what you are experiencing? If so, then it might occur more frequently in the Bus with the bus being tied to the P3D frame rate.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:29 PM, simfix60 said:

Thanks for taking time to reply and look in to.  As long as I know that almost any mouse click on the main panel gets my checklist sound back, it is not the end of the world.  As I am not an FS2 Crew user, I rely on the built-in checklist on the airbus collection.  

To address some inquiry from above:  I do not use an additional sound cards.  Using Nvidia  Geforce GTX1080 graphics card.  Solid state 1 TB hard drive, water cooled.  Core I7 8700K 3.7 ghz.   16 gig ram.  8 gig video memory.  Windows 10.  

Again, when I click "shift 2" to pop-up main MCDU, then click "undock", it automatically moves that MCDU to my second monitor. Whether I leave it there or drag it back to my main monitor, does not change the outcome.  The pilots voices in the airbus default checklist system, are muted.  If you are in the know, any mouse click to the panel area, brings that sound feature back.  Also, if you want to reverse the 'Undocking" of that MCDU, it can be tricky, as when you right click the top bar of MCDU, the "Dock" command is barely visible. If you are curious, if you were to click Shift 4 to bring of the features portion of the MCDU, the same sound muting problem arises.   

Thanks Again!

I did have this issue, the other day, and I wasn't sure what caused it. But then it seemed to 'fix it itself', but now that I think of it, it could indeed have been clicking back on the panel that fixed it. I'll check it again.

Archived