Double Jetways at LEPA

Querer

Hi all, I know there was already a thread regarding this issue:

But somehow, the solution provided in the other thread did not solve my double jetway issue (unless I did something wrong, which is likely enough...). I also have this double jetway issue and to me, both the readme.txt coming along with the SODE update from Simwings as well as the explanation given in the above linked thread are too cryptical. First, the readme.txt talks about a Folder which does simply not exist in my installation:

Copy the subdirectory "SODE" below the "Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional\La Palma" directory of the scenery add-on

There is no "Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional\La Palma" Directory, my LEPA scenery is installed in the Ecosystem subfolder called something else ("Aerosoft Mallorca Professional" or something like that). Then, the term "copy below" is not very precise to me, what is meant with "below"? To me, "below" means it will show below the La Palma folder inside Windows explorer. Might be a language barrier, but to me, only the final Explanation of Oliver in above thread is clear:

"same level as Scenery,Texture and Effects subfolders".

But this is then contradictory to the readme.txt, as in Windows explorer, this would mean INSIDE the La Palma directory. Anyway, I did this, but the jetways are still doubled. What can I do? I even re-executed the .bat file after moving the folder to the location oliver suggested, but no success, still double jetways. Do I have to adjust some SODE files after moving it? Thanks for any help,

Regards

Chris

don't confuse Palma de Mallorca (LEPA) with La Palma - Canaries (GCLA)

The SODE Folder has to be copied into the thendirectory in which LEPA professional is installed so that you have (at least) 4 directories there Scenery, texture, effects AND SODE.

If the SODE folder is at any other place the batch file will not switch the neccessary files so you have an AFCAD with default jetways and SODE jetways on top.

Ok, that I got. The SODE folder has to be in the same folder than scenery, texture and effects. But how can I correct this now? I moved the SODE folder like you explained, once ran the SODE-off.bat, then ran again the SODE-on.bat but the double jetways remain? Might be easier to re-install and do it right from the beginning, no? Or do you know which files in other folders (e.g. the SODE main Folder) I have to adapt?

• Developer

Please keep in mind, that the base of your Addon Folder (where the scenery, texture and Effects is below) should NOT be below the C:\Program files (or .. x86) Folder, as in this case you get in problems with the Windows UAC Protection. In this case you can try to start the SODE-ON/OFF Bat „as Administrator“.

A Batch startet normal will maybe not able to change the files below this path, results in double jetways.

Us a Path like „c:\P3D Addons“ as installpath, then your addons are not effected by the Windows UAC protection.

vor 8 Stunden , Querer sagte:

Ok, that I got. The SODE folder has to be in the same folder than scenery, texture and effects. But how can I correct this now? I moved the SODE folder like you explained, once ran the SODE-off.bat, then ran again the SODE-on.bat but the double jetways remain? Might be easier to re-install and do it right from the beginning, no? Or do you know which files in other folders (e.g. the SODE main Folder) I have to adapt?

one more thing: you didn't by chance edit the AFCAD file by thus changing the name or having any other EDDT AFCAD (ORBX, MyTraffic, ...)?

No, I have not. But I solved it: I had to move the SODE folder, run once the SODE-off.bat, fire up P3D (rebuilds some scenery indexes), close P3D, fire up SODE-on.bat and then the double jetways are gone. Thanks for the help anyway,

Regards

Chris

Archived