a318 transatlantic

MikeDF

Does anyone fly transatlantic from JFK to London City? Do I need to tweak it in some way to do this, I believe the BA version only had 32 business class seats and extra fuel tanks?

Hi Mike,

The bus is indeed capable of flying transatlantic. Just make sure that in your realizm settings, you have unlimited fuel set, because the bus (specifically the A318) caps you off at around 24 kgs of fuel I believe. If you're going to use maximum fuel and passenger settings, just make sure that your flaps are set to 1 and that you apply TOGA thrust for takeoff, because that baby's gonna need a tremendous amount of power to takeoff.

Good luck ;)

-Niko

Not so.

The British Airways A318, initially, only carries sufficient fuel for the first leg from London City (EGLC) to Shannon (Ireland, EINN), thereafter, sufficient fuel from Shannon to New York, approx. 2790 Nautical miles.

See https://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/tried-and-tested-ba-a318-london-city-to-new-york/

Cheers

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Archived