A personal thought

Good evening everyone! 

Sorry to start a new thread on the same topic as this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/137611-10000-feet-seatbelt-action/

I love the buses so far and even though there are a few small bugs here and there they are a pleasure to fly. I just have one personal opinion to add to the seat belt sign discussion in the previous thread. 

I believe it's rather obvious that the passenger signs should be a part of the checklist when crossing 10 000 feet as it is a part of most European SOPs. However if you like me usually fly an airline that mostly uses high altitude airports you will in most cases end up with clouds a few thousand feet above 10 000ft on a normal day. If there are thunderstorms even more so. I was just thinking if there could be some sort of compromise done here. You guys know the technology behind this better than any of us so I won't go into that but here are just a few ideas. 

1. Would it be possible to just have a reply to the checklist so the pilots would just confirm the position the switch is in? After all we are flying the damn thing so in my opinion it wouldn't be too much to ask that the pilot turns the switch off when he/she finds the situation appropriate. That would also probably be helpful for people from other regions with other SOPs as it wouldn't force them to switch it off. I know you can turn it on manually agian but how realistic is that really?

2. Would it be possible to use the auto position instead if you wan't it to be turned off at 10 000ft and the on position as a manual option? (Wasn't the old buses configured like this?)

When descending it's less of a problem as there is nothing keeping you from switching it on before 10 000ft. 

10 000 ft is after all the minimum altitude to turn the seat belt sign off, but in reality it's always up to the flight crew and how they feel about the current situation. Sure it should be part of the checklist but to me it seems wrong to have a forced function here as there are many situations when the crew would take a different decision. 

Have a good night guys!

Looking forward to the future updates (and the A330:ididit_s:)!

Kind regards

Jesper

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I just uploaded some changes in respect to 10.000 feet lights action........

• Overlapping cabin crew calls for saetbelts and NoPED signs during climb are now seperated......
  • During climb and after passing 10.000 feet the signs can be manually switched on again......(if necessary) and of course off when no longer required.
  • During descent and before passing the 10.000 feet signs can be switched on and positions are checked when passing 10.000 feet

Those changes will be included in the next update/hotfix soon to be released.....

Regards,

Rolf

Archived