Michael2

Cargo Version Work in Progress

9 minutes ago, Mace_RB said:

There is a fuel and payload loader coming, and a button for external air and power I think.

AMAZING!

This is the list of fixes and additions for 2.0

Added cargo model and associated liveries: United, Fine Air, LAC, AIA.
    Added gsx.cfg files for passenger and cargo versions in the DC-8_50 folder. You must rename the files to switch to the cargo version.
    Updated paint kit for cargo version.
    Further improved tank selection initiation.
    Fixed reverser animation so they will not animate when engine not running.
    Connected take off warning to engine three throttle in addition to engine one.
    Corrected fuel pressure gauges so boost pumps don't create pressure from empty tanks.
    Fixed fuel flow gauges to not show fuel flow before valves turned on during start.
    Added pop-up for control of external air, external electrical power, and cargo doors. "Shift 5" to access.
    Updated loader pop-up to accommodate both passenger and cargo variants.
    Changed clocks from local time to GMT.
    Changed heading select coding to allow external nav apps to control aircraft heading.
    Fixed bug causing hydraulic problems when cold and dark flight saved.
    Corrected animation of PT probe heaters switch and associated text on overhead.

Once this is out (for both P3D and FSX)  I can think about  additional enhancements to the product.  I think a popup autopilot panel has been the most  requested item.

Nice work Sir...

Regarding cross-feeding it's nice to make a cross-feed check in case of a malfunction

In pure normal operation you don't need cross.feed ability but why not.....

I want to introduce myself I am Camilo HJG painter, I have been following this beautiful DC-8, and now I have much more interest since they have the cargo version, I have painted the DC-8 model of HJG in many Cargo Latin American liveries, especially those of Colombia.

I would like to be able to collaborate with this beautiful model and be able to paint the special liveries of Latin America
Attached one of my last HJG model ARCA Colombia DC-8 painted with very with special details like chips, dirt, patches, and scatches.

2667.jpg

Nice looking work, and welcome to the forum.  I look forward to seeing your liveries on the Aerosoft model in the event you decide to get a copy. 

On 12/19/2018 at 7:07 AM, Michael2 said:

... followed by cross-feeding.

that's a good one!  a copilot function or at least an engineer would be amazing 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 

Is this a full installer or can I write it over the former version?

Thanks for the great news!

Wish you a great 2019.

Christoph

You're very welcome.  I'll turn my attention to the FSX version now. Hopefully it won't take too long. My children are out of school for the holidays and to find time for work is not so easy right now!

Sir..as always an exellent work from You..........

Hope next project will be the DC-8  Younger Family Member...The DC-9..........

As always an amazing work Michael, but personally I miss a lot this fantastic texture of Iberia Cargo. Do you think it would be possible to do it?

image.thumb.png.2a20762658f464bb2ab859a7266fa885.png

Thank you for this update. I haven't flown the plane for a while since I was waiting for the cargo version. Coming back to it was simply great, this is a true gem.

Peter

Congrats on the update and release of cargo model, Michael and Aerosoft team. Thank you and Happy New Year.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:12 AM, Michael2 said:

You're very welcome.  I'll turn my attention to the FSX version now. Hopefully it won't take too long. My children are out of school for the holidays and to find time for work is not so easy right now!

Play with the children, they don't stay children long enough!  And congrats on the update!

On 10/13/2018 at 12:31 AM, Michael2 said:

It's GSX. I'll provide a new GSX profile for the cargo version when it's released. 

Do you happen to have the GSX profile for the cargo version handy?

I would make my own profile but I'm pretty inexperienced with GSX and not sure how to tie a scissors-loader to the cargo door.

It's in the DC-8_50 folder.  There are two GSX profiles there.  You need to rename them depending which one you want to use.  The default is the passenger version.  I'm no GSX expert, but I believe there is another location for a profile, outside the aircraft folder -- see the GSX manual.  If you have one in that other location it may take precedence. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Diego Alvarez said:

As always an amazing work Michael, but personally I miss a lot this fantastic texture of Iberia Cargo. Do you think it would be possible to do it?

image.thumb.png.2a20762658f464bb2ab859a7266fa885.png

I don't think this livery was ever used on the 50 series -- the photo is of a 62.  So it would be a fictional livery.  Maybe someone will make it, but I like to stick to the historical ones. 

18 hours ago, Michael2 said:

It's in the DC-8_50 folder.  There are two GSX profiles there.  You need to rename them depending which one you want to use.  The default is the passenger version.  I'm no GSX expert, but I believe there is another location for a profile, outside the aircraft folder -- see the GSX manual.  If you have one in that other location it may take precedence. 

Ok thanks.  I didn't realize I had to hit CTRL+F12 to get to the GSX menu, but after skimming that part of the manual I am better off.  I am very new to GSX :)

I did rename the GSXCARGO.cfg to GSX.CFG and it did load up a pallet of stuff onto the AIA cargo DC-8.  (that was neat, but it was only one pallet).   I renamed the other .cfg to GSXPAX.cfg and will alternate depending on what I fly.

I'm not sure, but I think the number of pallets may depend on how much weight you have loaded into the aircraft first.