Cargo Version Work in Progress

Michael2

I want to introduce myself I am Camilo HJG painter, I have been following this beautiful DC-8, and now I have much more interest since they have the cargo version, I have painted the DC-8 model of HJG in many Cargo Latin American liveries, especially those of Colombia.

I would like to be able to collaborate with this beautiful model and be able to paint the special liveries of Latin America
Attached one of my last HJG model ARCA Colombia DC-8 painted with very with special details like chips, dirt, patches, and scatches.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Nice looking work, and welcome to the forum.  I look forward to seeing your liveries on the Aerosoft model in the event you decide to get a copy. 

• Developer

You're very welcome.  I'll turn my attention to the FSX version now. Hopefully it won't take too long. My children are out of school for the holidays and to find time for work is not so easy right now!

On 12/28/2018 at 3:12 AM, Michael2 said:

You're very welcome.  I'll turn my attention to the FSX version now. Hopefully it won't take too long. My children are out of school for the holidays and to find time for work is not so easy right now!

Play with the children, they don't stay children long enough!  And congrats on the update!

On 10/13/2018 at 12:31 AM, Michael2 said:

It's GSX. I'll provide a new GSX profile for the cargo version when it's released. 

Do you happen to have the GSX profile for the cargo version handy?

I would make my own profile but I'm pretty inexperienced with GSX and not sure how to tie a scissors-loader to the cargo door.

• Developer

It's in the DC-8_50 folder.  There are two GSX profiles there.  You need to rename them depending which one you want to use.  The default is the passenger version.  I'm no GSX expert, but I believe there is another location for a profile, outside the aircraft folder -- see the GSX manual.  If you have one in that other location it may take precedence. 

• Developer
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Diego Alvarez said:

As always an amazing work Michael, but personally I miss a lot this fantastic texture of Iberia Cargo. Do you think it would be possible to do it?

Please login to display this image.

I don't think this livery was ever used on the 50 series -- the photo is of a 62.  So it would be a fictional livery.  Maybe someone will make it, but I like to stick to the historical ones. 

18 hours ago, Michael2 said:

It's in the DC-8_50 folder.  There are two GSX profiles there.  You need to rename them depending which one you want to use.  The default is the passenger version.  I'm no GSX expert, but I believe there is another location for a profile, outside the aircraft folder -- see the GSX manual.  If you have one in that other location it may take precedence. 

Ok thanks.  I didn't realize I had to hit CTRL+F12 to get to the GSX menu, but after skimming that part of the manual I am better off.  I am very new to GSX :)

I did rename the GSXCARGO.cfg to GSX.CFG and it did load up a pallet of stuff onto the AIA cargo DC-8.  (that was neat, but it was only one pallet).   I renamed the other .cfg to GSXPAX.cfg and will alternate depending on what I fly.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic work on the DC-8, Michael.  It's been a favorite of mine since its release.  Not to prod - but how's the FSX cargo update coming along? 

Thanks in advance for dedicating the time & resources towards the legacy platform versions.

• Developer

It's almost done.  The files will be sent to Aerosoft early this coming week and then they will have to put together the installer and release it. 

• Developer

The FSX cargo update is finished, but there will be a little delay in getting it out. I am going out of town for two weeks starting Saturday and there isn't enough time to both make the installer and test it the resulting installed product before I leave.  The installer should be ready for testing as soon as I get back home. 

Archived