Review

FlyingBus

Mathijs, I noticed your comment on the rather nasty review published this week. Pretty classy reply to a hit piece, what is their problem with Aerosoft?

Now I think you should not be bothered by a review written by somebody who has so little knowledge of an Airbus (like the bug he found with fuel system, really if  you review a Airbus and call something you better check your information and learn that the engines do NOT need fuel pumps to run), but I wonder if you will try to have it corrected.

• Aerosoft

In the last two days there were multiple messages like yours that were posted. I have removed all of them (with excuses to the people who posted them). I did not want to cause more controversy. But to avoid more people posting here and seeing there message removed I'll make a short statement.

A few hours before the review I was send a copy and was asked if I could comment. I was busy that day and after reading the review decided not to bother. I told Calum I would only react with what our customers feel and that I strongly disagreed with his comment that the reviewer would see the product better than our paying customers. The fact that the reviewer only seems to have a modest idea on Airbus systems and logic, as demonstrated by his finding on the fuel system as you described.

Now that one is a bit painful from Frank who spend many weeks on the fuel system. We are convinced it is the most advanced fuel simulation ever done for the simulator. Even the fuel temperature is simulated using variables as remaining fuel, tank location, external temperature, sun and wind. But as the reviewer believes the engines should shut down when the fuel pumps are off (they are gravity fed) it is pretty clear that he will most likely not see details like that. As the fuel system is one part we are selling for a professional project is in fact one of the very best simulated systems. So that was rather painful.  We see the same idea on nearly every aspect of the review.  I promise you, there will be review next week done by somebody who did notice all these details.

My decision not to bother correcting the review was based on the idea that most potential customers would see the review as it is. That is better illustrated with the errors then without the errors. In the end you can't win all fights. FSElite has been rather critical for reasons I do not understand. I have complained before and Calum has corrected some of his writers before. It is his decision to leave the review as it is or to have it redone by somebody who understands the aircraft better and who has an idea why some decision were made as they were (for example we left the external as is because we had hundreds of people asking on this forum (just search) if the old liveries (over 1500 for download!) would be compatible). That was important for these people and it made it possible to sell the product for 26 Euro to these customers.

Calum dropped me a mail today asking if we could speak. As I am traveling it will be next week before we can do so, but he's a great guy and we'll work it out. Even if he decides to leave the review as is that okay for me. I have faith in our customers, with reason because FSElite was third on the list of referral sites for people who came to our site and bought the product!  Make you wonder if the old adage, as long as they talk about ou it is good, might be right. Sales were not affected (in fact they went up after the review was posted). All in all I am not too bothered about the review. These things happen. There is no guarantee you will be treated fairly in this life.

And with this I close this topic. 

Archived