Sign in to follow this  
Mathijs Kok

Airport Kiruna preview (P3Dv4)

You know we love airports out of the way at Aerosoft and here is one Kiruna.

• All objects optimized for new shadow technology
  • City objects like important buildings and also the LKAB mining area.
  • Main airport ESNQ with all buildings modeled in high detail.
  • The small airport ESUK Kalixfors (former military field) also included.
  • Snow and ice on apron and all buildings.
  • Ice Lakes in the winter in the close area of Kiruna and the lake of Torneträsk including some buildings.
  • Light Bulbs placed over the main roads and city streets (could be used as option)
  • (BGLs) compiled with P3D V4.3 SDK, using the new material settings.
  • Dynamic lights 
  • Detailed apron and rwy textures using the option of bump and detail map

Still some way off but it's looking very promising!

Image4.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image12.jpg

Image14.jpg

Image18.jpg

Image20.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image24.jpg

Image26.jpg

Image28.jpg

Image30.jpg

Image32.jpg

And Aerosoft does it again! Starts developing an airport that's already being developed by one of the best scenery developers...

vor 40 Minuten, 09tir98 sagte:

And Aerosoft does it again! Starts developing an airport that's already being developed by one of the best scenery developers...

maybe they "started" before they knew about the other project - looks like a pretty "short of beta" condition on that pics.

Vor 1 Stunde, 09tir98 sagte:

And Aerosoft does it again! Starts developing..

Who told you that Aerosoft is developing it?

And why shouldn't Aerosoft ofer such a scenery? I know many simmers who simply do not want to buy anything from this other developer. So IMHO it is always good to have a choice.

This is NOT an internal development. When the time comes we'll tell what developer is behind this.

And should there be another version being done, why complain, competition is always good for the customer!

Usually when screenshots like these come along I'm excited, it's a high quality development. However, comparing them with the screenshots for ORBX Kiruna the choice seems obvious. This developer needs to be a magician to beat that quality.

I will be keeping an eye on this topic, maybe it does turn out good. Maybe the developer does turn out to be a magician and somehow is able to deliver better than ORBX. Chances are small, but you never know.... Don't get me wrong, I'm sure whoever is developing this is an excellent developer. Only in this case being an excellent developer just isn't good enough. The reason: wrong choice of airport. Any other airport in this quality I would have bought instantly upon release, but I'm afraid not this one.

12 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

Maybe the developer does turn out to be a magician and somehow is able to deliver better than ORBX.

No offense towards Aerosoft, nor the secret developer behind the development shown in this topic, but looking at the screenshots from ORBX's development of Kiruna, I highly doubt that this scenery will top it - or be comparable.

Yes, of course competition is always good, and the preliminary screenshots in this sneak-preview does look very nice, but in my honest opinion, the ORBX development really looks like it's in a league of its own.

I agree competition is good but here we are with so many airports missing in the world (Hawaii...hint hint) just because developers dont communicate, something that would benefit everyone. People are naturally free to purchase the version they prefer but I would be surprised if anyone would select anything but Orbx after seeing those pictures. With that option the customer not only gets Kiruna but also Borlange Dala airport as well as a not yet revealed bonus airport. Three for the price of one! I just cant honestly get the decision of this Kiruna developer.

Mike

On 9/15/2018 at 10:46 AM, mikced76 said:

I agree competition is good but here we are with so many airports missing in the world (Hawaii...hint hint) just because developers dont communicate, something that would benefit everyone. People are naturally free to purchase the version they prefer but I would be surprised if anyone would select anything but Orbx after seeing those pictures. With that option the customer not only gets Kiruna but also Borlange Dala airport as well as a not yet revealed bonus airport. Three for the price of one! I just cant honestly get the decision of this Kiruna developer.

Mike

ESSV (Visby) is the third...

On 9/15/2018 at 11:46 AM, mikced76 said:

I agree competition is good but here we are with so many airports missing in the world (Hawaii...hint hint)

I'm curious. Which airport(s) is missing in Hawaii?! 

Haven't FSDreamTeam (FSDT) covered pretty much all of them?

Anders, the Hawaii airports were developed For FS2004 according to the developing standard from way back then. Even though they do work in P3D v4 they are very very outdated.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:20 AM, data63 said:

maybe they "started" before they knew about the other project - looks like a pretty "short of beta" condition on that pics.

Indeed. That is probably very frustrating for Aerosoft. 

Simply a choice. 

Orbx needs you to buy their pre-requesite program before their scenery can run,whereas the Aerosoft product is "standalone". Plus the download size is much larger than the Aerosoft product will be.

Okay, and this ends the discussion about another product in this preview topic. ;)

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

...competition is always good for the customer!

It does not surprise me to read that from you, as you also have the view from the company.

But honestly, is competition really always good for us customers? Does it really lead to competitive price tags (that's all what could be about competition is good for customers: the price tag). To me, competition inside the simming world is not really something I am looking for. There are still plenty of nice airports missing all over the world while others are covered twice or even three times. Is there any advantage for us customers that you can buy LEBL from three different scenery designers? No, not at all. None of those three products is cheaper than it would be if it was the only product.

Means: while above citation is true for many branches of economy, it is simply not for the flightsimming world. I haven't seen a single flightsim product that was cheaper due to competition.

@EDIT: sorry, Otto, just seen your post after posting mine...

vor 15 Minuten, Querer sagte:

@EDIT: sorry, Otto, just seen your post after posting mine...

No problem ;)