Parking brake not set in cold&dark state

Meyerflyer

Hello,

I noticed, that the parking brake is not set when loading the cold&dark state. I have this state as default state. Not 100% sure, but I think, that parking brake has always been set in all Airbusses, even in the new A319 Professional. Is that how it's supposed to be, or is this a little bug?

It was in A320/A321. I think it is set in the A319 and in the old Airbus.

But are you sure, the parking brake is not set during over night? I can imagine it is not set during turnaround while at the gate but I assumed, the parking brake is set over night for example when there's a storm and no one there to set the parking brake spontaneously.

Just now, brtkstn said:

I think that parking brake needs power and pressure to work and in C&D state there is no power to make pressure.

In most airliners the parking brake works with hydraulic pressure from an accumulator. This accumulator will run out of pressure over time when the plane is shut down. Thus the brakes will fade and release after some time.

Chocks don't run out of hydraulic pressure :)

Archived