CTD when expanding view to three monitors

toddl

Hi,

I run on three monitors using Nvidia Surround.  Whenever I hit ALT+Enter to expand to full screen the sim CTD's.  I even get a message that my display driver has been reset.  I have tried turning off the view feature but it still happens.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Todd

Hi,

I have a similar problem with the A3xx professional in P3D v4.3. I have a 32:9 monitor for my outside view and two touchscreens below for the VC panel view. For all my aircraft I have setup a scenario file, where I have two views with user defined cameras. One for outside and one for spanning across the two touchscreens. This works fine for all stock aircrafts, for the Twin Otter and some others. They load correctly.I use two nVidia cards for driving these three monitors.

When I start P3D, it loads the scenery, the aircraft and the views correctly. After 10-20 seconds showing the panel and the outside view  obviously some initial scripting starts (I assume you initialize the plane and the views etc.) and suddenly P3D crashes to the desktop. Most of the time without any log in the vent viewer. Sometimes you find a reference to some nVidia driver. I use the actual driver version.

I changed my scenario and removed the outside view and let P3D start only on one single monitor. Then everything starts fine. I am also able later to create a new view, move it to the 32:9 screen etc.

With P3D v3 and the "old" A3xx loading of such a scenario worked fine in the past - no problem.

At the moment I cannot automate my startup - I always have to setup views and cameras manually for this plane - very annoying.

Rgds

Reinhard

Unfortunately this is an issue for me only with the new busses.  I always start on a single monitor and everything loads fine but as soon as I hit Alt+Enter the sim CTD's.  I had a similar issue with the old busses and after much investigation was able to edit the panel config to make it work.  The problem stemmed from the main panel size being set in a way that made it impossible to span on multiple monitors.  I believe it had something to do with the main panel being 2D or something like that but can't recall.  I will go back to see if I can find what I did to see if that fixes anything.  If it works I will let you know what I did.  Of course if anyone else has any ideas I am all ears.

Regards,

Todd

Archived