FPS

EpicWin

Hello,
for some reason, my FPS with Aerosoft Airbus is just.. Terrible!
With PMDG 737-747-777 is above 50-60, with Airbus is low 20s. Why is that? Bad optimalisation?
My pc is
i5-2500k @ 4.8GhZ, 8GB RAM, GTX780Ti

I think that is sufficient for the bus? Or isnt?

• Aerosoft

Something must be wrong because a lot of people have told us it is so fast:

• Performance is great.
  • the frames wow just amazing
  • Absolutely amazing. FPS are really nice and the feeling is also really great.
  • The fps are truelly amazing
  • The Professional Bus impresses me a lot. It feels smooth, it runs incredibly smooth (at least for what I'm used to from the PMDGs and the 787). It sounds great, can't wait to try the shared cockpit Feature.
  • The fps are truelly amazing even better then the older NGX wich always had the best performance for me
  • It is absolutely fantastic?. So easy to install. FPS are great even when I loaded up in JFK.
  • my fps are better than for any other aircraft I have
  • Very happy with the frame rate. Did three test flights in three different models and all went perfect. 
  • but the graphics and the FPS are perfect and the flight performance was outstanding 
  • Excellent performance on my computer
  • it runs great and the modelling is superb.  Thanks Aerosoft and the Airbus team
  • this is a fantastic model. The frame rates are extremely impressive, much better than the FSL
  • Incredibly very smooth on frames!
  • Amazing aircraft and the optimisation in P3D v4.3 is the best I have ever seen, it handles with almost the same fluidity as the Airbus in Aerofly! Just jaw dropping
  • the performance to eye candy ratio in the sim is something to be proud of...never dips below 4?5fp??s??
  • PMDG 30 fps, FSL A320, 15 FPS, Your bus running at 44. Amazing
  • Beautiful flight deck, great frame rates out of the gate
  • Best framerate optimizing I have seen for any add-on in 64 bits. Why don't all devs provide newly compiled models?
  • Double the frames compared to the FSlightsimlab airvus, super!
  • So smooth and fast, other teams should ask you how it's done.
  • this Airbus has been done so beautifully well in performance, features, animations, textures, systems, and extras, that it  is almost impossible to dislike or say it's not my taste.
  • Have to say my first 'check her out' flight was great. The functionality, the modeling the FPS performance.......really top job
  • Framerates and performance are very good on my system, the level of detail and systems complexity is exactly what I am looking for.
  • Performed seamlessly. Great stuff. Congrats to Aerosoft team
  • the frames are mighty impressive, even on my low spec pc
  • Great fps with ORBX LOWI made for a brilliant system stable event even with the huge amounts of detail being demanded due to tight 180deg turns presenting the whole scene. Loved it. Really happy to be back in the bus
  • Looks great and performance is fantastic.
  • FPS are great, modelling and texturing is amazing. Well played Aerosoft.
  • FPS was locked at 30 and never strayed away from that number, very impressive. 
  • non problem with fps and general smoothness!
  • great job it is so fantastic to fly this bird into heavy sceneries and maintain a decent FPS

The bottleneck is most likely the graphics card. In P3D V4.3 (using the latest compilers) the GPU is used far more intensively compared to to models compiled wiit outdated compilers. This allowed us to make the VC far more detailed and it is hard to compare with PMDG models, it's just more complex. But even so the difference you see seems very high and could very well indicate that P3d V 4.3 is not correct and the sections that are used by the 4.3 compiler might have an issue. We seen that many  (MANY) times with people who just used the client updater. A clean full install of the sim might solve this. All add-ons created for P3D V4 will not need to be re-installed btw. 

i did a clean install few days back of latest P3D, installed A319, frames were.. well okayish but still not as high as PMDG, then installed A320 and its super low, nothing else installed or changed since good frames with A319.

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 12:14 PM, EpicWin said:

Hello,
for some reason, my FPS with Aerosoft Airbus is just.. Terrible!
With PMDG 737-747-777 is above 50-60, with Airbus is low 20s. Why is that? Bad optimalisation?
 My pc is
i5-2500k @ 4.8GhZ, 8GB RAM, GTX780Ti

I think that is sufficient for the bus? Or isnt?

I have the same issue. Have you been able to fix it? I would love to hear how if you were able to improve the performance.

I run an i5-2500k at 4.5 GHz with a GTX 1070 and have both aircraft and find just the opposite as most all do, the Aerosoft A320 performs much better in terms of frames because of the focus on what the interacting sim pilot really cares about.

There must be something wrong with the install, you have some setting way off and/or you’re not comparing apples to apples with the PMDG aircraft. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying PMDG is a bad aircraft but I’ve permanently switched because of the unique design of the airbus systems and how much BETTER it runs in terms of FPS because of the choices the Aerosoft team has made.

Hope you find the cause.

Joe

56 minutes ago, powayjoe said:

I run an i5-2500k at 4.5 GHz with a GTX 1070 and have both aircraft and find just the opposite as most all do, the Aerosoft A320 performs much better in terms of frames because of the focus on what the interacting sim pilot really cares about.

There must be something wrong with the install, you have some setting way off and/or you’re not comparing apples to apples with the PMDG aircraft. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying PMDG is a bad aircraft but I’ve permanently switched because of the unique design of the airbus systems and how much BETTER it runs in terms of FPS because of the choices the Aerosoft team has made.

Hope you find the cause.

Joe

Joe... have you reset your P3D Shaders?  See the post below.

On 12/17/2018 at 5:27 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Just aircraft which have TrueLight and RealGlass.

I frequently change and update sceneries and aircraft so again it’s a simple task to delete the shaders file which I have a short cut directly to it.

Thanks

Joe

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Matt S said:

Hello gentlemen!

I'm responding to this thread instead of creating a new one mostly to spare you from having to repeat things that you've already written :)

I'm experiencing a little bit of a FPS 'phenomenon' as well with the A320.

System is an i7 chip running >4.0, with a GTX 1070 card. Display is a 1440p monitor at 60 Hz. Latest Nvidia drivers.

I've done a fresh install of P3D 4.4, updated the A320, and deleted the shaders to rule out any issues there.

With my graphics set to 8x MSAA (HDR, and dynamic lighting are on and dynamic reflections are off), I get great framerates with the A320... like 60 FPS exterior and in the 40s in the VC, even at JFK with sliders 3/4 or so to the right. About the same or perhaps a little less with PMDGs new 747-400.

The interesting part is that if I shift the graphics to 4x SSAA, which looks much better, there is practically no impact at all on the 744 but the A320's frames are impacted quite a bit...40s external and high 20s, maybe 30 in the VC. Sliders seem to have no impact, but turning the exterior lights off makes a positive difference. I haven't done a very disciplined test regime, but I am beginning to suspect that (on my system at least) SSAA and one or more of the external lights are not playing well together.

I know this falls under the category of "First World Problems", and the sim is certainly flyable but I figured I would share what I'm seeing here.

Thanks;

Matt

Please disregard this post - can use 4x SSAA if I turn the scenery down a bit in NY. No problem after all.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

In the NY area, it is often the car traffic that causes major problems. Cars do not mix well with high rise buildings as the hiding of dynamic objects is hard on the display code.

I will try that as well, thanks for the tip Mathijs!

I grew up out on Long Island, and even though I rarely ever go there anymore IRL, NY will always be simply "The City". So making it viable in Sim world is a priority :)

Archived