Is this a bug or a feature?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you tick "Force ECAM software rendering" in the Configurator? If so change it ton on (or off) and try again. We have seen this also with users tweaking their graphiccard driver with 3rd party tools.

vor 3 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Did you tick "Force ECAM software rendering" in the Configurator? If so change it ton on (or off) and try again. We have seen this also with users tweaking their graphiccard driver with 3rd party tools.

Okay, that was it.

But please do not close this one now, because now it's a bug.

I have to enable "Force ECAM Software Rendering to get back the correct visuals.
Well, I use an ASUS Gfroce 1080TI ROG and want it to do what it needs to do. So i do not want Software rendering.

My CPU is rather old.

And I do not use any third party tools.

• Aerosoft

We have been using this same code for 4 years now and it has been used by tens of thousands of people. So we simply would not know what to change in the code to make it work on your system without making it worse for all the others. The issue is clearly caused by an combination of your hardware and configuration and our aircraft. Not a lot we can do about that.

Btw the effect of software rendering is minimal, you might see a FPS loss of 1 or 2%.

Okay, thank you for this.
@Sabretooth78can you give me a hint how to use default?

I Installed the newest driver now and i cant see anything else. Just to make sure. 

@Mathijs Kok I believe that thousands of people have no issue, but as you see, there are those view who have. And to solve something I think its good to understand why things are occurring. Right?  

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 6 Stunden , RoyalToto sagte:

The ECAM displays look like:

I am used to

Please login to display this image.

Did I do something wrong?

I do not understand what your question has to do with rendering or Nvidia Inspector. To me the ECAM screenshot looks OK. I believe you are before TAXI. During TAXI the autobrakes have to be set to MAX. The CABIN message will automatically disappear after some time as this is handled by the cabin crew when the cabin is ready for TO. Then everything is the same like in the previous version. 

Regards,

Rolf

3 hours ago, RoyalToto said:

Okay, thank you for this.
@Sabretooth78can you give me a hint how to use default?

I Installed the newest driver now and i cant see anything else. Just to make sure.

I'm not at my sim PC right now so I'm recalling this from memory (always dangerous!), but two places to check would be your nVidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings from the sidebar, Program Settings tab and select Prepar3D from the dropdown and hit "Restore".  For nVidia Inspector, there's an option to restore defaults, it's one of the first buttons to the right of the application selection dropdown, then click "Apply Settings".  In my case, it was the Sparse Grid Supersampling that seemed to be causing it.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived