Compatibility with nVidia Inspector

Based on some advice I had seen given on another forum, I decided to create a nVidia Inspector (NI) profile for P3D to help out with the anti-aliasing and removing some shimmering.  As I typically run 4xMSAA, I added the setting for 4x SSGA to NI.  Everything seemed to work well, until I eventually found that this was causing problems with the ECAM displays on Airbus (all models I tried).  Specifically, the text all seemed to appear fine, but the EPR/EGT/N1/APU/etc rings/arcs/whatever you call them were all missing.  Removed the NI modifications and everything runs fine.

Needless to say, it's not worth the improvement, if there even is one - that was about the extent of my testing!  Of course it figures that I didn't think to take a screenshot.  Just wondering if anybody else has tried this and/or found a way to make it work?  I certainly don't rule out the possibility that I tried something fundamentally wrong!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also use the Nvidia Inspector. In the newest version there is a profile for P3d which I use and only modified one setting: Frame rate limited to app. 33 fps and in P3d v4 to Unlimited. And it worked well since then no issues like the one mentioned on the ECAM.

Regards,

Rolf

55 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We do caution about tools like this. If you do not fully understand what you are doing it is easy to cause problems.  I have seen some guides on the internet that seemed to be set-up to cause problems.

The Boss is absolutely correct about this.  The only NVIDIA Tweak I use is the frame rate limiter - that's it!

me too, the frame rate limiter however is absolutely essential for me to get smooth simulation and only if I put it to 30.5 frames.   Without this setting there is no way for me to get a stutterfree sim. its crazy.  I tried everything...

• Aerosoft
On 9/13/2018 at 3:02 PM, brtkstn said:

Guys, i was using NVI frame rate limiter at 30 FPS with success, till i saw that on approach my autogen and textures are loading way to late. Did you noticed that? 

There is basically no mechanism in the sim that could cause that.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:24 AM, Sabretooth78 said:

Based on some advice I had seen given on another forum, I decided to create a nVidia Inspector (NI) profile for P3D to help out with the anti-aliasing and removing some shimmering.  As I typically run 4xMSAA, I added the setting for 4x SSGA to NI.  Everything seemed to work well, until I eventually found that this was causing problems with the ECAM displays on Airbus (all models I tried).  Specifically, the text all seemed to appear fine, but the EPR/EGT/N1/APU/etc rings/arcs/whatever you call them were all missing.  Removed the NI modifications and everything runs fine.

Needless to say, it's not worth the improvement, if there even is one - that was about the extent of my testing!  Of course it figures that I didn't think to take a screenshot.  Just wondering if anybody else has tried this and/or found a way to make it work?  I certainly don't rule out the possibility that I tried something fundamentally wrong!

This correct missing rings, if you want use NVI for the antialiasing etc.

Please login to display this image.

I was a long time user of NVI, but recently there were reports of potential connection with NVI frame limiter and those nasty DXGI errors as well as potential autogen loading issues, I completely reconfigured my P3D in a way that I do not use NVI anymore. And it works, I have to admit. I rather sacrifice some FPS on heavy duty Airports due to the fact that I now use a frame limit set inside P3D directly over all those negative aspects that NVI could have.

BUT: the topic starter seems to use the NVI primarly for antialiasing, this I do not understand. What should be the benefit of using 4xMSAA inside the sim and forcing 4xSSAA on top of this via NVI instead of selecting 4xSSAA directly inside the sim? No wonder this combination leads to problems for certain addons. And I doubt that this will provide any advantage or performance gain.

Well I dont know what Sabretooth78 wants, but I use NVI for the flickering objects. It's not perfect, but good combination. Believe or not, it's sharpen upper & lower ecams too into busses, so I love it. I really don't believe MSAA & SSAA working together. With SSAA & Sparce grid supersampling  (SGSS) it's working fine.

Here is some ideas with nVidia & P3D (FSX too): https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic59954.html

23 minutes ago, MikaV said:

Well I dont know what Sabretooth78 wants, but I use NVI for the flickering objects. It's not perfect, but good combination. Believe or not, it's sharpen upper & lower ecams too into busses, so I love it. I really don't believe MSAA & SSAA working together. With SSAA & Sparce grid supersampling  (SGSS) it's working fine.

Here is some ideas with nVidia & P3D (FSX too): https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic59954.html

I was going after the same thing (sorry, just now noticed I meant "SGSS" instead of "SSGA" as typed).  I somewhat abandoned the quest after seeing the effects (without enabling the software rendering), but I did pick up a few pointers from the linked post that look worthwhile to try.

Archived