Checklist - failed after FINAL

By the way, some models (that I no longer remember which) when being loaded are coming in "cold & dark state" and others in "takeoff state". When I change the status to "Cold & dark", the MCDU3 continues turned on (some buttons on overhead panel also) and I need to press "Cold & dark" again to turn the MCDU3 off (and overhead panel). I'm sorry not have explained the issues better because of the limitations of my bad English.

Regards,

LuisVargas

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 14 Stunden , Richard Portier sagte:

Maybe it is linked or not but every time it happens the MCDU does not reset itself...?

Hi Richard, no it has nothing to do with RESET. In the meantime I found the reasons for this behaviour and we are trying to fix those. As soon as I was able to fix those issues (depending on another developper) and the tests went well then I will inform you........

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 3 Stunden , LuisVargas sagte:

By the way, some models (that I no longer remember which) when being loaded are coming in "cold & dark state" and others in "takeoff state".

Luis, then something is wrong with you installation and maybe not uptodate. If no ACFT STATE is set to DEF in the MCDU 3 (this is standard after installation) then all models should start in the TAKEOFF state.......

Regards,

Rolf

4 minutes ago, Hanse said:

Hi Richard, no it has nothing to do with RESET. In the meantime I found the reasons for this behaviour and we are trying to fix those. As soon as I was able to fix those issues (depending on another developper) and the tests went well then I will inform you........

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you Rolf and it's geat you found the reason. So, regarding the non-reset of the MCDU, I suppose it is preferable that I post in the MCDU forum?

Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

"So, regarding the non-reset of the MCDU, I suppose it is preferable that I post in the MCDU forum?"

Richard, in any case yes because it has nothing to do with the Landing CL issues. But please explain what you mean with RESET in detail. There is only one RESET of the CL (if you do not close the sim): After the PARKING CL has been finished and the TA ACFT STATE automatically has been loaded......

Regards,

Rolf

15 minutes ago, Hanse said:

"So, regarding the non-reset of the MCDU, I suppose it is preferable that I post in the MCDU forum?"

Richard, in any case yes because it has nothing to do with the Landing CL issues. But please explain what you mean with RESET in detail. There is only one RESET of the CL (if you do not close the sim): After the PARKING CL has been finished and the TA ACFT STATE automatically has been loaded......

Regards,

Rolf

Normally after landing the MCDU resets, which allows to continue with the next flight after disembarking and embarking the passengers. I usually don't have a problem with that, I take a new route and so on... But sometimes the MCDU doesn't reinitialize itself, in the picture I just landed at KSLC and the MCDU stays loaded with the flight plan instead of clearing its memory and reinitializing itself as usual.

I probably mistakenly thought that the fact that the checklist script did not finish prevented the MCDU from completing its own procedure.

Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just finished the new checklist- and copilot version - making several adaptations - and think that it soon will released with the next hotfix. I tested it several times on the SBSP RWY17 RY KOMG3A via PAGOG approach and everything went well. So I am sure that it also works on other approaches at airports with a higher altitude than normal. But what you have to make sure is that the correct DH/MDA is entered into the MCDU on the PERF APPR page and that FCU APPR is set to ON.........

Regards,

Rolf

15 hours ago, Hanse said:

I just finished the new checklist- and copilot version - making several adaptations - and think that it soon will released with the next hotfix. I tested it several times on the SBSP RWY17 RY KOMG3A via PAGOG approach and everything went well. So I am sure that it also works on other approaches at airports with a higher altitude than normal. But what you have to make sure is that the correct DH/MDA is entered into the MCDU on the PERF APPR page and that FCU APPR is set to ON.........

Regards,

Rolf

For SBSP, what values do you suggest for DH and MDA?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Luis,

1. SBSP: If you selected the ILS RWY17R approach the MDA is 2.820 feet. Because it is an ILS CAT1 approach the values are MDA whereas DH is only used for ILS CAT II and III. But if you use the LOC RWY17R approach then the MDA has to be set to 3.100 feet.....
  2. CHECKLIST: Checklist starts are only possible based on the 4 predefined ACFT STATES because a certain fixed configuration is needed. If you are alredy in the air and have forgotten to start the checklist then there is no way to do this because the checklist does not know where at which point to start from.

Regards,

Rolf

2 hours ago, Hanse said:

Luis,

1. SBSP: If you selected the ILS RWY17R approach the MDA is 2.820 feet. Because it is an ILS CAT1 approach the values are MDA whereas DH is only used for ILS CAT II and III. But if you use the LOC RWY17R approach then the MDA has to be set to 3.100 feet.....
  2. CHECKLIST: Checklist starts are only possible based on the 4 predefined ACFT STATES because a certain fixed configuration is needed. If you are alredy in the air and have forgotten to start the checklist then there is no way to do this because the checklist does not know where at which point to start from.

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you!

At last (I swear), I was curious. How did you conduct your approach tests for SBSP (or any others)? Did you save the flight using some appropriate software (which?) to get back to the saved point and start over there?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Luis, I used the P3Dv4 "SAVE" function and it works well. But in connection with the Checklist enabled you have to be carefull at which point of the flight you do the saving of the flight. I normally do it at two points:

1. Before DESCENT (still at CRZ LVL) e.g. after the message on the Infobar has appeared that the CL will start in x miles...... But make sure that on the FCU the CRZ ALT is not yet changed. Enter the DESCENT TO ALT after the CL has been finished.....
  2. Another point is during DESCENT after the FINAL CL became active (green) and before the APPR CL becomes available.......

Regards,

Rolf

6 hours ago, Hanse said:

Luis, I used the P3Dv4 "SAVE" function and it works well. But in connection with the Checklist enabled you have to be carefull at which point of the flight you do the saving of the flight. I normally do it at two points:

1. Before DESCENT (still at CRZ LVL) e.g. after the message on the Infobar has appeared that the CL will start in x miles...... But make sure that on the FCU the CRZ ALT is not yet changed. Enter the DESCENT TO ALT after the CL has been finished.....
  2. Another point is during DESCENT after the FINAL CL became active (green) and before the APPR CL becomes available.......

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you, for me this post already can be closed but Let's see what Richard Portier has to say about it.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:33 PM, Hanse said:

Regards,

Rolf

Great news Rolf,

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

• Deputy Sheriffs

Richard, the KEGE approach is not a good example for testing because there is no ILS or similar approach....... If you want to test the changes then please do it at another aiport p.e. with an ILS/LOC  or RNAV approach....... Because the CL code is built for such "normal" approaches.....

Regards,

Rolf

13 hours ago, Hanse said:

Richard, the KEGE approach is not a good example for testing because there is no ILS or similar approach....... If you want to test the changes then please do it at another aiport p.e. with an ILS/LOC  or RNAV approach....... Because the CL code is built for such "normal" approaches.....

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf, KEGE have LDA DME 25 (109.75) with GS (in fact in P3D it seems work like an ILS with an offset 3°)  and RNAV (GPS) 25. I'd used the LDA approach,  I'll try the RNAV when there will be the update...this latter should work?, no?

Don't know if it's useful but....clarification: I have the ORBX KEGE.

Regards,

Richard

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 10 Stunden , Richard Portier sagte:

Rolf, KEGE have LDA DME 25 (109.75) with GS (in fact in P3D it seems work like an ILS with an offset 3°)  and RNAV (GPS) 25. I'd used the LDA approach,  I'll try the RNAV when there will be the update...this latter should work?, no?

Don't know if it's useful but....clarification: I have the ORBX KEGE.

Richard, I do not have ORBX KEGE installed but use the standard airport (ORBX FTX Global "Base Pack" and "Vector" as well as P3D v4) and the actual NavDataPro DB. And there seem to be some problems: In the DB there is no differentiation between the two approaches and the selected approach is also not displayed on the ND........  So thats why I was stating that KEGE seems to me not a good example for testing....... I believe that there might be a "difference" because of the used airport scenery........

I just tried the approach and what I recognized is that the LANDING MEMO appeared too late - normally it should pop up at 2.000 ft RA........ As the LANDING CL is linked to "NO BLUE" of the landing memo it also started quite late - but at least it started........ So the problem must be somewhere else. Question: At which altitude the landing memo appears during your approaches? 

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf, this is I have in the MCDU. Notice the "ILS25" or "LOC25" have 108.30 instead 109.75 which is the correct frequency in P3D and Navigraph I use. I'll answer your question as soon as I've done the test.

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

Below after selecting the "ILS25" approach via RLG

• Deputy Sheriffs

Richard, there are differences between NavDataPro (my screenshot) and Navigraph (your screenshot) and I already asked the responsible devellopper to have a look into it....... But anyway it would be nice to test when the ECAM Landing Memo appears during your approach.......

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived