8800GT OC

windows xp SP2

FS2004

NO AI traffic

- I only fly the PMDG 747-400 so it's very important for me to know

- Since i have the DELL 24" i set the resolution to 1920x1200 in FS2004

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

You should definitely not have to worry about your FPS with that setup and FS2004.I have the E6600 with only 2GB Ram and a pitiful 7600GT and I am getting 15 FPS in VC and 20 in Spot View with FSX using the PMDG 747-400X and HeathrowX.I find the FSX version of Heathrow well done and very frame rate friendly.I can't comment on the FS 2004 version as I no longer fly that sim but I would say it should be about the same if not even more frame rate friendly than the FSX version.

Michael

Hi Mike,

I run FS2004 on an E6850@3.2 (FSB400, Mult X8) 2GbDDR2-800 and an OC 8800GT/320Mb. I get better performance in EGLL2008 than in MegaAirport Frankfurt in the PMDG 737NG (an old frame rate hog which to my knowledge is harder on the system than the PMDG744). I have to add that I do not use AI, as I prefer to fly IVAO, and as such, I tend to keep my frame rate limited to 30. I rarely get lower than 25 in MAF, and better ion EGLL2008. Offline, I set FPS to unlimited, and the counter is nearly always above 30 at both locations... Flight is certainly smooth enough for IFR approaches in all weather conditions...

That said, my monitor resolution is 1680X1050... Your 1920X1200 has a little more "real estate" than mine, so your box is having to do just that little bit more work to portray each frame than mine does.

Hope this helps...

Andrew

Hi Mike,

I have exactly the same setup as you (except I have vista 32bit). I fly the pmdg 747 at heathrow (the aerosoft fsx version) in FSX at 20fps (20 locked).

As we all know, fs2004 and XP give a (much) better framerate so imho there is nothing to worry for you :)