"ENTER DEST DATA" overlays entered data, that has not been inserted yet

Meyerflyer

Hello,

shouldn't the "ENTER DEST DATA" line in the MCDU dissappear when clicking something on the MCDU? It always shows up after some seconds, and disrupts inputs into the MCDU quite a bit. It even disturbs entering the required destination data. I can't imagine, the real bus behaves like this.

The main thing here is, that the indication overlays data, that has been entered, but not yet inserted into the MCDU. So I type the required winds at destination for example. Even while typing, the indication comes up again and the wind dissappears until after pressing another key. I then have the result, that I either can't see if I typed correctly before I insert the data, or if I want to make sure it's correct, I have to add another character, to make the indication dissappear for 2-3 seconds, which I of course have to delete again before inserting it.

Can you please have a look at this? I think there's something wrong.

I know, but it doesn't delete the message, that just lets it dissappear for 2-3 seconds and then it comes back. I am not able to get rid of it, until I enter the DEST DATA, that is required. I assume, the indication should go permanently, but it doesn't.

vor 23 Minuten, rutrA85 sagte:

You need to enter QNH, TEMP and Wind, then should be gone

Thanks, but I know which data to enter and where. The problem is not, that it does not dissappear after entering the required data, but as long it is not entered, the indication overlays data I want to enter, which disturbs working with the MCDU.

For example when I want to enter the Wind 260/8 at the according MCDU page, I begin to enter 26... and then, while typing, the "ENTER DEST DATA" indication comes up and my wind data I began to enter is no longer visible (but still there, when I press CLR, the "ENTER DEST DATA" dissappears and the wind is displayed again), only to re-appear a few seconds later and overlay the data again. Happens all the time at every flight.

Hope this was clear enough. Can't make it any clearer except for a video. But as this issue is always there, I'm sure you can reproduce this.

Archived