Why A321 max take off weight only 89000Kg?

DarrenHowie

Having spent many years flying the A321 I am wondering why your A321 is limited to 89000Kg MTOW.

A321's for some time ie 10 years have been cleared to at least 93000Kg max take off weight.

In fact to do many flights you NEED a 93K MTOW for longer high density ops.

Can this be changed to reflect reality for many carriers without it coming up as overloaded ie in red in the setup page?

Also any chance of seeing the ACT implemented also used by many carriers to increase fuel uplift..

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, DarrenHowie said:

Having spent many years flying the A321 I am wondering why your A321 is limited to 89000Kg MTOW.

A321's for some time ie 10 years have been cleared to at least 93000Kg max take off weight.

In fact to do many flights you NEED a 93K MTOW for longer high density ops.

Can this be changed to reflect reality for many carriers without it coming up as overloaded ie in red in the setup page?

Also any chance of seeing the ACT implemented also used by many carriers to increase fuel uplift..

ACT is on the list and we have the documentation. Not sure if it will be done and if yes, SP1 or SP2.

I was kind disappointed to hop into the A321 for the first time, look up, and see that the ACT fuel pushbutton was "INOP".  I'm pretty sure some of the previews showed it, emphasizing the differences between the different models.

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, imemyself said:

I was kind disappointed to hop into the A321 for the first time, look up, and see that the ACT fuel pushbutton was "INOP".  I'm pretty sure some of the previews showed it, emphasizing the differences between the different models.

Yes it was shown, without the INOP sticker. But it was also mentioned, that there will be an INOP, if I remember correct. Not all 321 are equipped with this ACT pb. ACT is an option. And these tanks can be removed, but the pb stays —> INOP.

We included it now, to be able to add it maybe later, without the requirement to change the model.

Archived