Active & Secondary Nav Data

Juergen2

Hi,

I am trying to load a direct flight from KMIA to KTPA in the MCDU.

When I bring up the MCDU INIT page, the engine data comes up and than Active Nav Data Base 0 (zero) and Secondary Nav Database 16Aug12Sep/18  1809 (current).

Could this be the reason (No Active Nav Database) that I can NOT enter a flight plan KMIA/KTPA (or any other destination) - it immediately goes to page 2 "NOT IN DATABASE" - see screenshots

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/3vC83o

Thanks for reply

That's it.  You need to click on the Left LSK next to the Secondary NavData to make it the primary NavData.  Every CDU in flight sim I've seen (Boeing, Airbus) is the same way.

Best wishes my friend!

• Deputy Sheriffs

What primary and secondary database is depends on what source you have configured in the Airbus configurator:

NavDataPro ->

• Primary: NavDataPro
  • Secondary: Navigraph

Navigraph ->

• Primary: Navigraph
  • Secondary: NAvDataPro

So you can simply switch to the other provider within the configurator to get the wanted database loaded as default.

Hi Tom,

When I used the Navigraph FMC Data Manager, I use manual browse for the installation directory. That put the Nav Date as secondary ONLY (I had Navigraph selected in the Configurator).

I had to do a OS install (file corruption) and this time I used the scan function with the Navigraph FMC Data Manager and it gave me a primary Nav Data (Navigraph 1809 current) and a secondary Nav Data (also Navigraph 1809 current).

So I guess my manual install of the Navigraph Nav Data folder was incorrect initially.

All is good now

Alles Gute

Archived