Can't change aircraft.cfg entry?

I have always changed the name of every aircraft in aircraft.cfg.  For instance, I would name my A321 as A321 N333NW.  This is the first time I've not been allowed to rename the aircraft.  Throughout my hanger aircraft are labeled such as B737-832 N838DA.  I leave off the extra information and this provides for a much cleaner aircraft library - folder.  What am I missing, have you made this impossible to do?  I have tried changing permissions to no avail.

2 minutes ago, CDreier said:

I have always changed the name of every aircraft in aircraft.cfg.  For instance, I would name my A321 as A321 N333NW.  This is the first time I've not been allowed to rename the aircraft.  Throughout my hanger aircraft are labeled such as B737-832 N838DA.  I leave off the extra information and this provides for a much cleaner aircraft library - folder.  What am I missing, have you made this impossible to do?  I have tried changing permissions to no avail.

Where did you install the Aerosoft A320/321? If you installed it into c:\Program Files\ or c:\Program Files (x86)\ you need to open notepad / preferred text editor as administrator (Run as Administrator) to be able to overwrite any files.

It's installed in the Program Files (x86)\.  Notepad has administrator privileges.  I continue to get a message that the author has not allowed me to overwrite.  I've checked my Administrator settings.  When I go to the file properties and attempt to change the file from Read Only it tells me that I don't have permission.  I double checked, and I can change the aircraft.cfg files in every case except these for the Airbus Pro series.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Aerosoft

These are standard CFG files and there is no way we can prevent you from opening them as long as you have the correct rights to access them. There are no special kinds of CFG files that can't be edited. If you are unable to open them the only reason can be that the OS does not give you the rights.

Archived