American A321 livery

Actually I believe the livery manager has been fixed so it now makes the edits automatically for you.  I have installed 2 livery’s which were for the old version by just using the livery manager and they work fine.  

The livery repaint needs to be packaged in the zip format to be run through the manager though.

I used the livery manager to install the A321 AAL and it actually shows it in the manager as installed but when I start P3D there is no AAL A321 in my Aircraft list. 

Edit: Okay I had to change the model in the aircraft.cfg

I reinstalled all of my old liveries yesterday and the manager handled them mostly without any hiccups.  Obviously they lack the sat domes, which I'm sure I could edit into the old paints myself, but since I can't see it from the cockpit...  It did somehow assign the wrong model to one of them (EXTCFM instead of EXTIAE; despite correctly installing into the A321 IAE aircraft.cfg), so it's a good idea to be vigilant and ensure it's making the entries correctly, lest you give P3D indigestion.  (These paints didn't have an explicit model specification under the old 32-bit version.)

Then of course it's a good idea to re-back them up so when a future update blows out your aircraft.cfg files it'll be simple point-and-click to reinstall them.  I'm also fairly stricken by OCD and like having my model titles all consistently named and appearing in alphanumeric order by airline and registration within the sim, but that's my problem.

On 9/11/2018 at 4:46 AM, D.R. said:

I used the livery manager to install the A321 AAL and it actually shows it in the manager as installed but when I start P3D there is no AAL A321 in my Aircraft list. 

Edit: Okay I had to change the model in the aircraft.cfg

What did you have to change the model to? I'm having difficulty figuring out which one to use. Thanks!

vor 16 Stunden , CRJ Driver sagte:

What did you have to change the model to? I'm having difficulty figuring out which one to use. Thanks!

"EXTIAEShark" for the model. But there was an update for the A320/21 and ofc all my liveries aren't working anymore. I have to reinstall them all over again. The bus is fun but I hate the livery install process. 

6 hours ago, D.R. said:

"EXTIAEShark" for the model. But there was an update for the A320/21 and ofc all my liveries aren't working anymore. I have to reinstall them all over again. The bus is fun but I hate the livery install process. 

copy the aircraft entries for each aircraft.cfg before updating. then place them back again in the new aircraft.cfg after update. is a pain, but easier.

vor 16 Stunden , Viperlead sagte:

copy the aircraft entries for each aircraft.cfg before updating. then place them back again in the new aircraft.cfg after update. is a pain, but easier.

Will do, thanks.

Archived