OMSI Add-on London (or the lackthere of)

Drawyah

Are there any updates as to if or when OMSI Add-on London will ever release? Rhys seems to have stopped posting updates for it and for the most part, development is dead with the name and shaming of all his developers a while back. There are also calls on the Steam Discussion page for Aerosoft to drop him as a result of these delays and to release whatever there is left of the map.

Will the OMSI Add-on London ever see the light of day or do we just forget about the whole project three years on?

• 1 year later...

Im holding off getting OMSI until the Londonn Add on is out, my Dad was a bus Driver in London (back in the days of RMs) would be great if his old route (53) was included but with the newer Enviro 400 of course  , im sure it will be out when its ready as i quess it taks a lot of testing and bug fixes to get right ....looking forward to it (no rush)

Rich

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 8:48 PM, Nesta said:

Sooooo...... Any chance of London coming out?

It is still in development, but because of a number of issues including pestering for release dates, beta vehicles being leaked and so on the developer has now taken all updates and development completely private.

As far as I'm aware London is still in progress, but the simple answer is "It will be done when its done, and when it is it will be released".

I know some people are impatient as it has been in development for quite a while now, but the simple fact is that creating maps for OMSI is very far from quick and easy. Route builders aren't magicians, and to get a realistic route/map working taken a tremendous amount of time, especially if your creating assets from scratch and working on a real life area, which by itself can create a whole new array of issues trying to recreate it within the limited set of parts in the game engine or making their own.  I for one will be jumping to purchase it when it comes out, when it's ready ;-)

Have patience, it will arrive when it arrives...

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 3:37 AM, Marius Ellenbürger said:

Of course, but we have no release date yet.

Best regards,

Marius

On 5/5/2020 at 8:47 AM, Alex Stankevitch said:

It is still in development, but because of a number of issues including pestering for release dates, beta vehicles being leaked and so on the developer has now taken all updates and development completely private.

As far as I'm aware London is still in progress, but the simple answer is "It will be done when its done, and when it is it will be released".

I know some people are impatient as it has been in development for quite a while now, but the simple fact is that creating maps for OMSI is very far from quick and easy. Route builders aren't magicians, and to get a realistic route/map working taken a tremendous amount of time, especially if your creating assets from scratch and working on a real life area, which by itself can create a whole new array of issues trying to recreate it within the limited set of parts in the game engine or making their own.  I for one will be jumping to purchase it when it comes out, when it's ready 😉

Have patience, it will arrive when it arrives...

Thanks excited to play it 

Archived