No AI showing up in Heathrow FSX

Chris Boyce

Have just tried out Heathrow with the FSX version update.

It appears that there is no AFCAD file in the scenery folder so no AI aircraft are showing up.

Should I just use the AFCAD from the FS9 version or is this a small bug that needs a patch.

Thanks

Chris

Seems my problem is a little stranger than I thought.

The AI Aircraft show up during dusk,night and late afternoon but are not showing up during daylight hours.

Not sure what the problem is but obviously the AFCAD is in FSX but my aircraft arent drawing during daytime.

Must be some sort of loading issue during peak periods?

Seems my problem is a little stranger than I thought.

The AI Aircraft show up during dusk,night and late afternoon but are not showing up during daylight hours.

Not sure what the problem is but obviously the AFCAD is in FSX but my aircraft arent drawing during daytime.

Must be some sort of loading issue during peak periods?

Are you running SP2 and acceleration?

Because some addon airports and legacy code gives problem with non native FSX AI models...

Do a search here already discussed the problem :wink:

Hello Chris,

As mentioned above there seems to be an issue, Ultimate Traffic users have this issue, seems Microsoft have scored another own goal with SP2.

I dont have SP2 installed and it works fine with London Heathrow for FSX.

Thanks Shaun,

Actually I am not using Ultimate Traffic; a friend has compiled a huge AI package for me using freeware aircraft like Project AI, FSP, Evolve AI and AIA etc.

I do have UT but never really liked the aircraft models so I use the one my friend created.

Obviously SP2/ Acceleration doesn’t like the freeware stuff either.

I'll do some investigating and see if others have had problems with the freeware AI as well and report back on some findings.

Thanks for your help; hopefully MS will come out with a better version of SP2 that corrects these issues.

Chris Boyce

• 4 months later...

Dear mathjiskok,

I'm using MegaAirportLondonHeathrowX_V100 on FSX+SP3+UT under Windows Vista 32bit.

>The AI Aircraft show up during dusk,night and late afternoon but are not showing up during daylight hours.

Unavoidably, I'm using it only during dusk. I strongly hope that this problem will be solved in the near future.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest Hodge001

Hi Chris

It’s a long shot, but I have heard of other add-on airports having a problem with showing AI aircraft, and for some the solution was to disable the Aircraft Casts Shadows On Ground option in FSX,

As I said a long shot but it may work.

Jim H

The Aircraft Casts Shadows is indispansable to me. This problem hasn't been in the AS_VENICEX.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest Hodge001
The Aircraft Casts Shadows is indispansable to me. This problem hasn't been in the AS_VENICEX.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi Fushi

I understand that the aircraft casts shadows in indispensable to you, but to possibly help other pilots that may be having a similar problem, and probably Aerosofts Support Team would it be possible for you to try turning off the aircraft casts shadows, just to see if it solves the invisible AI.

If it does then the problem probably lies with the AI using older models, and not with the scenery.

Jim H

Hi Fushi

If it does then the problem probably lies with the AI using older models, and not with the scenery.

Jim H

Hi Jim,

I don't think so, not always, because my using AI aircrafts (UT) no problem with other sceneries (incluiding Aerosoft Venice X). They have disappeared only with Heathrow FSX scenery, in my experience.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Fushi

I understand that the aircraft casts shadows in indispensable to you, but to possibly help other pilots that may be having a similar problem, and probably Aerosofts Support Team would it be possible for you to try turning off the aircraft casts shadows, just to see if it solves the invisible AI.

Jim H

I am running UT and FSX SP2 and can confirm that turning off <aircraft casts shadows" does restore AI traffic during daylight at LHR.

Rod

• 1 month later...
I am running UT and FSX SP2 and can confirm that turning off <aircraft casts shadows" does restore AI traffic during daylight at LHR.

Rod

got a similiar issue - I have turned off shadows - so I can see planes .. but my issue is that there seems to be so little aircraft at Heathrow..

I have Traffic 2005 ( FSX updates installed ) so there should lots of planes around..

I am running FSX SP2, Mega LHR, VFR Real Scenary vols 1-3

Hello coolea96,

The scenery should only prevent the amount of traffic if there are few parking spaces in the AFCAD HEathrow has many and gets quite packed..

Have you tried Monday morning say 10:00 am and set the AI to 100% Commercial.