a319 pro and fsx

tomwalker8

Have I massively screwed up here? I’ve gone and purchased the new bus, with the intention of installing it for FSX, however I can’t get it to work.  I read Mathijs’ remarks in the pinned post, which reads... “In other words, you buy the P3D v4 version and get the FSX:SP2, FSX:STEAM, and P3D V3 version for free.”, and thought that I’d be able to download and install for fsx too?

am I wrong?

11 minutes ago, tomwalker8 said:

Have I massively screwed up here? I’ve gone and purchased the new bus, with the intention of installing it for FSX, however I can’t get it to work.  I read Mathijs’ remarks in the pinned post, which reads... “In other words, you buy the P3D v4 version and get the FSX:SP2, FSX:STEAM, and P3D V3 version for free.”, and thought that I’d be able to download and install for fsx too?

am I wrong?

Yes sir, I'm afraid you are, unfortunately, mistaken.  The Airbus Pro is only for P3Dv4.  It is 64-bit software designed only for P3Dv4, and FSX (all versions) is only a 32-bit program.  If you read Mathijs statement closely (it was made quite a while ago) he is talking about the possibility that Aerosoft will release the Airbus Professional for FSX and P3Dv3, but that was a possibility and if it was done it would occur after the P3Dv4 version was fully released (A318/A319/A320/A321/A330).

There are safeties in place to prevent people from ordering the wrong version of the product, buttons you have to click on during the order process.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but Aerosoft does not offer refunds on downloaded products. The reason behind this is that as someone (not you) could download, install and then want a refund.  There is also a notice about this as well.

Now, I can offer you some good news.  If your system can run it, P3Dv4 is terribly superior to FSX and with better and better products coming out all the time that take advantage of what P3Dv4 and 64-bit software can do!  The Aerosoft Airbus Professional takes advantage of these capabilities which simply can not be done in FSX. So when you're ready to go to P3D, you'll have an excellent Airbus product ready to go!

Note please that I am only a moderator here and I have nothing to do with the sales or refunds.  For a more direct answer you can write to support@aerosoft.com.

I'm sorry for your having purchased the wrong product my friend, I truly am.

Best wishes!

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, tomwalker8 said:

am I wrong?

Where did I write that?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathis, you stated it here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130620-alea-iacta-est-aerosoft-a318a319-professional/

But Dave already pointed out that since that post things have changed. There won't be a 32bit version of the new Airbus A31x-A32x. A decision for the A330, if there will be a 32bit version of it, will be taken early next year.

The product page states precisely, what the already released A318/A319 professional is for:

Please login to display this image.

Source: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/pre-order/2432/aerosoft-a318/a319-professional?number=AS14206

1 hour ago, tomwalker8 said:

Maybe I should look at P3D for the future!

I used FSX from the time it was released (2006) until just a few years ago, and you'll be thrilled with P3D by comparison. 

Thanks for understanding about the order!

Best wishes!

Archived