Best AI addon?

maxro

Dear Forum,

As the title says, I was wondering what the best ai addon is. I have UTL, but I don't like very much because it has a slow UI, but the matching is pretty good. 

I also want the new addon to work with ProATCx.

Thanks, Max

33 minutes ago, maxro said:

Dear Forum,

As the title says, I was wondering what the best ai addon is. I have UTL, but I don't like very much because it has a slow UI, but the matching is pretty good. 

I also want the new addon to work with ProATCx.

Thanks, Max

Max, do you fly online or offline?  If you fly online, and don't need traffic files for AI Aircraft, then I highly recommend the freeware FLAI.  But FLAI does not come with any traffic files, so the liveries will only work in an online environment.

I have UTL (I don't use anymore as I'm using FLAI) and even though development as all but stopped on the product I did like it. 

Best wishes.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Do you fly online or offline

I fly both, actually.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

traffic files

What are traffic files?

Thanks, Dave

13 minutes ago, maxro said:

I fly both, actually.

What are traffic files?

Thanks, Dave

Traffic files tell AI Aircraft when and where to fly when you're using FSX/P3D ATC. Without them, you won't see any AI aircraft when using default ATC.

I don't like flying offline, because the ATC isn't so good and ProATCx doesn't work well sometimes. I'll try FLAI. 

22 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have UTL (I don't use anymore as I'm using FLAI) and even though development as all but stopped on the product I did like it.

Which development do you mean?

12 minutes ago, maxro said:

I don't like flying offline, because the ATC isn't so good and ProATCx doesn't work well sometimes. I'll try FLAI. 

Which development do you mean?

Please see below my friend.

36 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Best wishes!

As for flying offline, you can always compile your own traffic files. Basically a traffic file consists of three components, namely:

- Aircraft (a list of AI aircraft installed on your system you want the traffic file to use)

- Airports (a list of airports you want your AI aircraft to visit)

- Flightplans (a list of what plane flies from where to where at what time and under what flight number)

Each of those can be written in a text file and together those text files can be compiled into a BGL file for Flight Simulator. You can either write your own or use some pre-written. Alpha India Group offers them for a huge number of airlines for free. It takes a lot of work, but you can perfect your AI traffic to exactly match your wishes.

Archived