No warning from TCAS

copilot767

Hello :)

I see my AI traffic at TCAS- but I Think its sometimes very close in front at cockpit and TCAS screen. 

But I dont hear TRAFFIC TRAFFIC warning or CLEAR OF TRAFFIC- or not even changing Colour red/Yellow at the screen???

Christian from Denmark

vor 2 Stunden , copilot767 sagte:

Hello :)

I see my AI traffic at TCAS- but I Think its sometimes very close in front at cockpit and TCAS screen. 

But I dont hear TRAFFIC TRAFFIC warning or CLEAR OF TRAFFIC- or not even changing Colour red/Yellow at the screen???

Christian from Denmark

Hello Christian,

are you familiar with the logic of the TCAS? Only another plane flying close to your cockpit will not trigger the TCAS as long as the flight paths are not crossing each other or conflicting you in terms of safety distance on the same flight level for example.

The normal vertical distance is 1000ft which is only 300m, so that's pretty close, but if an other airplane is crossing your way at FL360, while you are flying at FL370, TCAS won't trigger necessarily.

I have problem with TCAS and FS2crew. The F/O turn on the C mode TARA but I don't see any traffic, when I switch back to stby and again to TARA then I see all Aircrafts. I don't know what is a problem because the knob it's in correct position

Earlier today I did a flight on Vatsim, using the FLAI modelset and Copilot as my client.

Inbound to RESMI at FL350, with traffic crossing left to right 5 miles ahead - meaning I was 5 miles from RESMI as the other traffic was immediately over the waypoint.

No TCAS alert of any type, though I'm not sure whether there should have been one? Are you able to share the expected normal behaviour so we can test on our various networks and setups?

egcc,

Please see Volume 4 of the Airbus Professional Documentation.

HELPFUL HINT:  Using Adobe Reader, you can search all PDF documents in a folder by using Shift-Control-F and selecting the folder you want to search in.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

Aware of the documentation and I know how my aircraft was configured (TA/RA and normal selected) but with an aircraft at the same level, crossing less than 5 miles ahead there was no warning when I would have expected there to be one...unless the TCAS doesn't warn in these situations, which is what I was asking about.

I can't see anything in Volume 4 that talks about when you might or might not get an alert?

Thanks

Chris

Archived